What's the most FUN episode of The Muppet Show?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
The Linda Carter episode- Great musical numbers, and I loved the sub-plot of the Muppets taking a superhero correspondence course, being a huge comic book fan. My fav number was definitely "Orange Colored Sky," but I also loved the cover of "Have a Little Help From My Friends," sung by Janice as the Electric Mayhem saves her from being sacrificed to the Pigan's stone god.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I thought the episodes where the show was "highjacked" were really fun. These episodes seem to be more in the fourth and fifth seasons, and often involve somebody taking control of the show from Kermit. I loved the episode where guest Glenda Jackson turns out to be a pirate, and she and her band take the theater captive and set out to sea. It seemed to foreshadow MTI in some ways, with Sweetums joining up with Glenda's pirates. Loved the scene in the end where Gonza attacks Glenda's ship with a ship of his own and Glenda ends up having a swordfight with Kermit. I also loved the Johnny Cash episode where Big Tiny Tall Saddle takes control away from Kermit for a country-western themed show. The Hal Linden episode where Kermit hands control over to Statler and Waldorf to prove they couldn't do any better was also a lot of fun.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I thought the episodes where the show was "highjacked" were really fun. These episodes seem to be more in the fourth and fifth seasons, and often involve somebody taking control of the show from Kermit. I loved the episode where guest Glenda Jackson turns out to be a pirate, and she and her band take the theater captive and set out to sea. It seemed to foreshadow MTI in some ways, with Sweetums joining up with Glenda's pirates. Loved the scene in the end where Gonza attacks Glenda's ship with a ship of his own and Glenda ends up having a swordfight with Kermit. I also loved the Johnny Cash episode where Big Tiny Tall Saddle takes control away from Kermit for a country-western themed show. The Hal Linden episode where Kermit hands control over to Statler and Waldorf to prove they couldn't do any better was also a lot of fun.
Do you also like Cloris Leachman since the Pigs take over the show?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
How many times was the show taken over and by who?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
How many times was the show taken over and by who?
I can think of four off the top of my head- Pigs (Cloris Leachman), a bully radio station DJ (Johnny Cash), Pirates (Glenda Jackson), and Statller and Waldorf (Hal Linden), although in this last instance Kermit gave them control of the studio willingly.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I can think of four off the top of my head- Pigs (Cloris Leachman), a bully radio station DJ (Johnny Cash), Pirates (Glenda Jackson), and Statller and Waldorf (Hal Linden), although in this last instance Kermit gave them control of the studio willingly.
What?!!!!!!!!! Why would Kermit do such a thing?