Whatever Happened To.......

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is Barkley still performed by Bruce Connelly (I guess I should watch the current credits to see if Connelly is still in the credits)? It seems like, with the exception of Brian Muehl, none of Barkley's performers had any other characters (well, Fred Garbo also performed the hands of Dexter...).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
From what I've seen of Brian Muehl's pictures, performing Barkley is a physically demanding task. Being hunched over trying to walk on all fours, and being in a hot costume like that, I have all the respect for anyone that ever performed him. There's a lot more to it than just putting a puppet on your arm.

Way back in the 70's, when the character was originally called "Woof Woof", there was a scene of Bob singing a song, and the character actually had a little girl on his back, riding him like a horse. Whoever was inside the dog suit really earned their pay that day.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
From what I've seen of Brian Muehl's pictures, performing Barkley is a physically demanding task. Being hunched over trying to walk on all fours, and being in a hot costume like that, I have all the respect for anyone that ever performed him. There's a lot more to it than just putting a puppet on your arm.

Way back in the 70's, when the character was originally called "Woof Woof", there was a scene of Bob singing a song, and the character actually had a little girl on his back, riding him like a horse. Whoever was inside the dog suit really earned their pay that day.
Oh wow,that's very true. That'd be super hard

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Hey, what do you know? We both like Telly, we both love Barkley, we used to be scared of the Gorgs, Sweetums, and Barkley!! Wow, we are so much alike ( Muppet-wise, that is. Favorite Muppet, besides Walter? I want to see if this is the same too.)

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Hey, what do you know? We both like Telly, we both love Barkley, we used to be scared of the Gorgs, Sweetums, and Barkley!! Wow, we are so much alike ( Muppet-wise, that is. Favorite Muppet, besides Walter? I want to see if this is the same too.)
Hmmmmm I would have to say either robin or scooter. How about you?

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Well, I love Fozzie, but Robin and Scooter do come PRETTY close....Who's your favorite Fraggle?

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I like Wembley and Boober. Guess we're not so much the same....but we are, when it comes to Sesame Street.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Well, that had nothing to do with Barkley... But, luckily, up there ^^^^ I put up some Barkley! It looks pretty new, and I have been trying to collect some newer Barkley appearances, as you have been wondering about.