Whatever happened to Skeeter?

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I gotta' admit, I never really liked Clifford, but if he's the guy that's gonna' hook up Skeeter, I think he'll be an okay guy.

So, ZZ; Skeeter seems to have a bit of an attitude about her in her older age, are we gong to learn of a specific event that made her that way? Or is it just from never being adopted and living in an orphanage most of her life?

Good work so far!
Well... as oddly matched as they are I thought it might be interesting to have them a couple. Allthought Clifford is somewhat a player but I know he would look after Skeeter I just have that feeling. I don't think they will have the ' perfect relationship ' but I do think they will eventually wind up having feeling for each other. Sort of like the situation between Kermit and Piggy with out the threats if sending him to the moon whenever things don't quite go her way. This is going to be something that grows through the years as they get to know each other better.
Yeah Skeeter dose have a bit of an attitude but it's beecause of the way she was brought up in the orphanage, but she dose soften up a bit as the years goes by and she starts to feel more safe, and less wanting to watch her back all the time.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Page 4

They talked for a couple of hours then Clifford decided not to over stay his

welcome and he said good night to Skeeter with the promise of them meeting

at the pool the following Saturday.

Saturday came, and Skeeter quickly pulled on a pair of cut off jeans and an

old tank top. She seldomly went swimming, but could swim very well. She had

on a pair of plastic jelly thongs (flip flop shoes.) Walked down the hall and in

to the pool area. She looked around but Clifford wasn’t there yet so she

figured she much be early so she sat at one of the umbrella tables.

The apartment was built in the 1950’s and haven’t

been renovated. It once was very posh but now it’s getting run down.

Everything was clean just not maintained. She went to open the umbrella and

the plastic handle broke off in her hand.

Embarrassed she put it down on the table and pretended nothing

happened. She didn’t have to wait very long when Clifford made his

appearance Skat-Catting through the gate wearing what looked like a very

skimpy pair of swim pants. “

Skeeter blushed when she saw him; she had never seen anyone wear

anything like that.
To be continued

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Page 5

They talked for a couple of hours then Clifford decided not to over stay his

welcome and he said good night to Skeeter with the promise of them meeting

at the pool the following Saturday.

Saturday came, and Skeeter quickly pulled on a pair of cut off jeans and an

old tank top. She seldomly went swimming, but could swim very well. She had

on a pair of plastic jelly thongs (flip flop shoes.) Walked down the hall and in

to the pool area. She looked around but Clifford wasn’t there yet so she

figured she much be early so she sat at one of the umbrella tables.

The apartment was built in the 1950’s and haven’t been renovated. It once

was once very posh but now it’s getting run down. Everything was clean just

not maintained. She went to open the umbrella and the plastic handle broke

off in her hand. Embarrassed she put it down on the table and pretended

nothing happened.

She didn’t have to wait very long when Clifford made his appearance Skat-

Catting through the gate wearing what looked like a very skimpy pair of swim

pants. Skeeter blushed when she saw him; she had never seen anyone wear

anything like that.

“ Hey stranger. “ He said.

“ Hello Clifford. “ Skeeter said with a smile.

They talked for a bit, about a half hour

into the conversation he took a double take as if the penny just dropped. “

Hey! you look like someone I seen in the theatre I work in. “

“ You work in a theatre? “ Skeeter said taking notice.
To be continued. :wink:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I like it! When do we get more? :wink:

...I'll TRY to be patient... emphasis here being on "try"....

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Before 2015 that much I do knwo for sure. :stick_out_tongue: I'll try to work on it some more tonight. Is it fitting ok? I'm not sure beecause I'm not really getting feedback. I'm having real troubles with Clifford's personality. That's why it's taking so long inbetween chapters.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well, I think it fits pretty good. Can't really help on Clifford's personality, though, I haven't seen that much of him. Any way, it looks good to me.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I've made a few changed but only a few. I hope THIS makes up for the long dry spell. :smile:

She didn’t have to wait very long when Clifford made his appearance Skat-Catting

through the gate wearing what looked like a very skimpy pair of swim pants. Skeeter

blushed when she saw him; she had never seen anyone wear anything like that.

“ Hey stranger. “ He said.

“ Hello Clifford. “ Skeeter said with a smile.

They spent the afternoon together talking, they did eventually wound up going in the

pool and that helps break the ice. Clifford had a lot of friends in the apartment, and he They spent the afternoon together talking, they did eventually wound up going in the they did eventually wound up going in the

pool and that helps break the ice. Clifford had a lot of friends in the apartment, and he

in introduced them to. She was a little shy at first only because she had been living

alone for a while and wasn’t used to a lot of people, but this soon faded everyone wasvery friendly and shared everything, they treated her like one of the family.

Later on that night Clifford took Skeeter back to her apartment. She thanked him for a nice day and they set up another time to meet. Same time same place. The next night Skeeter was walking home from work. She had to work extra late and her night vision wasn’t that good.
She was walking down a dark street only a few streetlights were glowing, she was completely lost and was starting to get scared. She sat down on a curb to rest her feet when someone approached her. “ Hey chickie. “ He said with a sly smile. Skeeter glanced up at him briefly making eye contact then quickly got up and started walking fast away from him.
“ Where are you going? “ He said chaseing after her.
“ I was just resting for a second I’m fine now. “ She said not looking at him.

He suddenly grabbed her by her arm. Sheeter let out a scream as she hit him with her duffle bag. He let go of her and she took off like a bolt with him on hot pursuit. She ducked behind a car as he ran past, then she opened the door and got inside. She curled up in the seat staying as much out of sight as she could trying to catch her breath.
After a few moments he ran past again yelling. When she was sure he was gone she slowly raise dher head and looked out the window when there was atap on her shoulder. Skeeter jumped and screamed.

“Hey chill. It’s me. “ Said a very fimlure voice.

“ Clifford? “ She said in amazement.

“ What are you doing here? “
“ Just running a errand for a friend. “ He smiled as he sat in the driver seat.

“ What sort of errand? “ She asked kind of nervous as he sparked two whirs together which started the car, and peeled off at top speed.

“ Oh my God! You’re a car thief! “ Skeeter said not completely scared.

He just laughed.
“ I knew there was something not to be trusted about you. “ Skeeter said . “ UM.. Why Don’t you just let me off here and you can do your business. “ She asked really wanting out.

“ You kidding? In this neighbourhood? I wouldn’t let me out here. “ He said as he continued to drive. “ It’s ok no one’s going to hurt you I’ll make sure of that. “

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Skeeter sat back in her seat and starred out the window.

“ So what were you going out there all yourself anyway? “ He asked.

“ I had to work late and I got lost. I don’t navigate very good in the dark. “ She said not turning around. “ Where are you taking me anyway? “

“ To a magical place. “ He said as they pulled up to hidden garage. The door opened and they drove inside. It was filled al sorts of diffident car parts, and people working on them making them look like different cars.
“ What is this? “She asked. “ Just a way of making come quick cash. “ He said very simply. As they both go out of the car.
Skeeter stayed behind as he was approached by a tall skeletal, figure in a suite and greasy slicked hair who represented a gargoyal.

“ Nice job. I see you managed to pull it off. Impressive. “ He said in a very smooth cold voice which would send a chill up your spine.

He glanced for a spilt second and he saw Skeeter out of the corner of his eye and with out warning he punched Clifford in the face.
“ What do you think you’re doing? “ He yelled as Clifford put his hand on his face not the least bit surprised that he hit him.
“ What was I supposed to do? Leave her out there? She could have been killed! “

“ You do what you have to do. “ Said the man as he signalled for his men to grab her.

“ What are you going to do to her? “ He said. “ Let her go she’s harmless. “

“ She knows where our hideout is. How do I know she wont go to the police? “ He whispered. “

“ She wont will you? “ He asked her she shook her head no.

“ We cant take that chance. Take her up to my office till I can figure out what to do with her. “
The two men grabbed her one on each arm and carried her up the stairs. Skeeter didn’t put up to much of a fight because she knew she was outnumbered, she has no chance of escaping. They pushed her into a old dirty office and locked her inside.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
oh dear goodness. oh goodness.
I love it. well, I mean, I love the story. I don't love skeeter being locked up, and this guy who's..... you know, this is kinda complicated. I'm not sure I can explain it.
Let me just put it this way: More Please.