Whatever happened to Skeeter?

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I'm going to have a go at posting a fic on here. I haven't written one about the Muppets in years. So I'm a little rusty at getitng the excat personalities right. But I'm sure someone can help me out here at MC. So here I go. I might make corrections on this as I go along. I had this idea running about in my head for about 10 years, but I never really put it to ' paper. '
To advoide confuseion I'm not going to make any referrance to the ' Muppet Babies ' series. As good at it was ther's a lot of stuff that didn't match up.
I know ther's been some discussion about what might have happend to Skeeter, but there's nothing official that says for sure what excatly happend to her. Some say she ' dissapeared ' exploring the Amazon Desert, some say she died.. and some just don't care. My originial Idea was that she died when she was 3 years old of lukemia, but as I got to thinking. I thought it kight be interesting to see her grow up, so I rewrote it ( severial times mind you ) 'til I came up with a plot I was happy with so here it is.
Scooter and Skeeter were seporated when they were about 4 years old, beceause Scooter's Uncle didn't want Skeeter. His sister who was only 18 years old when she had Scooter and Skeeter, but was forced to give them up for adoption by her mother saying she was too young to raise children, she wanted her to finish her studies and become a Doctor and she knew she would drop out if she kept the babies. So they were placed in a very nice foster home. 4 years later JP returned and said he wanted Scooter. The people at the foster home tried to keep the twins together, but he only wanted the one. Scooter did miss his sister, but soon for got about her as he got older. He was never allowed to talk about her. Every time she was meantioned he would be told not to talk about it so she became a very vauge memory. Skeeter on the other hand remembered Scooter beceause the Nurse at the foster home said that one day she would find her brother again, and Skeeter always believed that. Skeeter stayed at the foster home 'til she was 18 when she moved out on her own. She was well educated, and was athletic, and was always in compititions. Her dream was to become a world champion gymnest. She lived by herself in a one room apartment, and spent a lot of her time working, or studieing, she really didn't make much time for socials or partying. The apartment was always in a mess, filled with costumes, trophies, and pizza boxes. There was a coutch, and a 1970's TV set with an antenna that got 5 stations. There was a 1950's style white table with gold flecks in it that had a 2 burner portable stove, and a toaster. Skeeter wasn't a very good cook and often burned stuff mainly beecause her eyes wern't very good. Her glasses were kept up to date but beecause of her lazy eye things didn't stay in foccous beceause it would wander slightly and there was nothign that could be done to correct it. She had very long bright red hair which she always kept up in poney tail, she had a slight fringe of bangs in the front. In a hurry one morning beecause she was late for work she came running down the hall way when she accadantly bumped into a strange looking purple muppet with dread locks. Dropping her tote bag which wasn;t zippered up beecause thre zipper was broken skattering her work clothes, and danskin along with her make up and a few other personail things all over the floor.
I hope this makes sence. will have more soon.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
" Oh excuse me! " Skeeter said fixing her glasses which got knocked crooked and bent down to pick up her things. " I'll get those for you. " He offered as he was helping her. " So. Are you new here? " He asked. " I haven't seen you around. " " Well I been living her only a couple of months. " Skeeter said as she threw her bag back over her shoulder. " A couple of months?! You must not get out much. I know everyone in this apartment... well almost everyone. " He said with a smile. " Sorry I don't mean to sound rude but I really have to go. I'm late for work. " Skeeter said as she made her way past him. " Hold on baby! " He said running after her. " Can I get your phone number? Maybe we can hook up for a date. " " I really don't think so. " She said as she pressed the elevator button. " Oh ok. um... can we set up a time to meet again? I really would like to get to know you a little better. When is your next day off? " " Saturday. " Skeeter said the elevator door opened. " So saurday then at 1 pm? " He said through the doors as they started to close. " By the pool say you'll be there. " " I'll think about it. " Skeeter said as they closed. " Later on that night. Skeeter was sitting the coutch about ready to dose off where there was a knock at the door. " " Who is it? " She said. " It's me the dude you bumped into in the hall way. " Skeeter unbolted the door everythig but the chaine bolt, and opened it as far as the chaine would allow. " What do you want? " She asked. " I just came to visit. I visit everyone in the apartment just thought I come over and check out your place. " " Why would you suddenly come over when I been living here for 2 months? " " Beceause I didn't know anyone was renting this room, it's always so quiet in here. " " Beceause I sleep most of the time that's why. " " If you don't want me to come over I'll leave you alone then sorry to bother you. " He said as he understandly started to walk away." No hold on. I'll let you in. " Skeeter said as she unchained the door. " Excuse the mess and the way I look. I wasn't expecting companey. "" That's cool! " He said not being offeded in the least. He's seen all kinds of apartments. He happened to notice one of her trophies sitting on the windowcill. " So you're a gymnest huh? " " Yup. " She looked very tired but happy to have companey. She tucked her shirt into her pants, and tydied up her hair. " What's your name anyway? " Skeeter asked as she let down her hair to bursh it. " Clifford and yours? " " Skeeter. " She said with her head compleatly upside down trying to retie it. " Would you like to come out with me for dinner on Saturday? " " I thought you wanted to meet by the pool? " Skeeter said. " I meant later on in the evening after words. " " Sure. " She smiled.
To be continuned unless someone wants to add to it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cool. Is Clifford, the Clifford of Mupept's Tonight fame? Or a different Clifford?

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Cool. Is Clifford, the Clifford of Mupept's Tonight fame? Or a different Clifford?
Off of Muppets Tonight. A younger version though. This story took place in the 1970's. Not sure how old Clafford is, but I thought if the 2 of them matched up they would make a very interesting couple. I know he had a girlfriend on the show, but I don't remember if it was ever reveiled who she was. I remember one episoade can't remeber who the guest star was on that one where he was talking to someone on the phone and she hung up on him, and he knew he was in trouble. So he's either married or has a gf.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, cool.

Love the rest of your story. And that most of it takes place in dialouge. One point though, if you put 'Enters' in between each person speaking it would make for easier reading. i.e. "------" said --- "-----"

"------" agreed ----- "------"

"-----"

"---------"

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*winces* I'm sure it's a very good idea and could be an interesting fic. But you've gone and pulled one of my BIGGEST pet peeves in fanfiction - lumping your story together into one big, giant paragraph. It doesn't matter how good the story is; no one wants to read a big, honking lump of text. For one thing, it's hard on the eyes. Secondly, it doesn't reflect well on you as a writer if you don't break for a new paragraph in the appropriate places (such as whenever someone new speaks in a scene with dialogue).

Erine81981

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
*winces* I'm sure it's a very good idea and could be an interesting fic. But you've gone and pulled one of my BIGGEST pet peeves in fanfiction - lumping your story together into one big, giant paragraph. It doesn't matter how good the story is; no one wants to read a big, honking lump of text. For one thing, it's hard on the eyes. Secondly, it doesn't reflect well on you as a writer if you don't break for a new paragraph in the appropriate places (such as whenever someone new speaks in a scene with dialogue).
Come on Skeeter Muppet. Let her do it the way she wants. Don't be picky. I try myself not to pick on people here. I know your not being rude to her but it make her seem that she can't write worth a darn. I just don't want her to think your putting down her story. Thats all.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Come on Skeeter Muppet. Let her do it the way she wants. Don't be picky. I try myself not to pick on people here. I know your not being rude to her but it make her seem that she can't write worth a darn. I just don't want her to think your putting down her story. Thats all.
I'm ok I used to being critized. He's right it dosen't look very profrssionial, but I guess I didn't tell you guys I was going to correct it as soon as I had an idea everyone was happy with. I was mainly just throwing ideas back and forth.
I think I have enough for a page now so what I'm going to do is put it throught my word prosessor and see if I can't make it look a little better. Is there a rules page I missed someplace that says you have to write it a certan way?

Beauregard

Reaction score
No. But it just makes it easier on the readers.

Still, it's a great story. Skeeter and Clifford would make a brillient couple.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
It's called "constructive criticism." It's purpose is to help the writer by pointing out faults and mistakes in the story so that the author can improve both the story and their writing in general. It's not meant to be flattering or "nice". Unfortunately con crit is often misconstrued as "flaming". If I had wanted to flame her story, I would have been a whole **** of a lot harsher and I wouldn't have tried to help her make it better.

And I wasn't being any less "picky" than an editor would be if s/he were to read the story as it's written right now. If she leaves it as it is, there are going to be people who will pass it by because they don't want to strain their vision trying to read through a big block of text. If she were to fix it and make it easier to read, then she could get a lot MORE people to read the story.