Whatever happened to Fraggle Rock?

mikealan

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock is one of our favorite Henson productions that was debuted on HBO in 1983 until it ends in 1987. Then, in 1989, Fraggle Rock has moved to a Canadian channel. After that, it was moved to the Disney Channel in the early 1990's and moved to the Odyssey Channel in 1999. Finally, it was certainly disappeared. Why did Henson got rid of Fraggle Rock?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by mikealan
Whatever happened to Fraggle Rock?
The poor oppressed Doozers, looking tired and worn from all the work they were forced to do, were liberated by the U.S Marines and the Rock cleared of weapons of mass destruction (ie:- radishes). The Fraggles were given exile in the Henson Creature Shop but have since evaporated into dust, which scientists think may have been a result of chemicals released into the air over the years from the Trash Heap. Most of the Gorg rulers from the old regime are still on the run but Junior Gorg gave himself up trying to cross the border to Sesame Street and stood trial for the attempted mass slaughter of the Fraggles - usually by the extreme and inhumane methods of trying to step on them or chasing them with a rake.

There, and you thought they all lived happily ever after ! :smirk:

Saxy_Red

Reaction score
where are they now??

I have heard (from other parts of this forum) that there is a possibilty that FR will end up on DVD sets. Is this true? This would be a really good idea since the generation who grew up on this show is getting to the age where we are having children. I would love for my neice and my future children to grow up on the quality shows that we had instead of annoying sea creatures!:smirk:
Please reply if you know anything about this rumor!

Luke

Reaction score
The United Fraggle Revolutionary Council is currently debating whether DVD sets of they and the Doozers historic days before liberation should be made available on DVD. It currently depends on whether they can get a distribution deal and if the Trash Heap thinks they can make a buck or two.

:smirk: :excited:

WiGgY

Reaction score
JHC is looking into putting Fraggle Rock on DVD but there are no set plans or anything as of yet.

What happened to Fraggle Rock?

They took it off the air. Odyssey doesn't seem to be around anymore, I think it's the Hallmark channel now. So, right now the show has no station. Perhaps in the near future it will be seen again on disney or, I think the best choice, Discovery. Another good choice would be PBS, but I don't think that would happen.

Saxy_Red

Reaction score
amazon.com

If anyone else is interested, you can put in requests at amazon.com for Fraggle Rock on DVD. :excited: If you search for DVD/Fraggle Rock, it will tell you that there is no such item but you can request it and they will send a message to the company about the requests and how many people would like to have it.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, I think that only works for items in existence. For example if you search for mega animal and they don't happen to carry it, they will send your request to Palisades and once they get enough requests for an item, they will place an order. At least thats how I think it works.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
SONG OF THE SOUTH has been in this stautus for years. So, I don't think it'd make much difference if ones e-mail is added to the list or not.