What Would You Like to See on SST?

muppetmonster

Reaction score
I would like to see the muppets from "the Muppet Show" visit the Sesame Street muppets for once. It is always the other way around, I do not know why. There could be an episode, such as the following.

Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, the Great Gonzo, and the gang are searching for Kermit the Frog, but he is missing. Kermit the Frog is interviewing children on Sesame Street. Kermit calls Miss Piggy and tells her that he is on Sesame Street, but some one finds Kermit and tries to eat his legs (a la Doc Hopper). Miss Piggy tells the gang that Kermit the Frog is on Sesame Street, so they plan to rescue him. This is a parallel of "the Great Muppet Caper."

When the muppets from "the Muppet Show" finally get to Sesame Street, all sort of things happen, but things go haywire when the muppets perform crazy acts. Some things include. Gonzo shoots himself out of a cannon. Crazy Harry plays with dynamite. Sam the Eagle persuades people to be nude. The Swedish Chief tries to make meals out of the Sesame Street muppets. Lew Zealand uses fish for boomerangs. People are sad and irritated by Marvin Suggs being sadistic to his muppaphones. Statler and Waldorf heckle the people on Sesame Street. The list goes on.

When the Sesame Street muppets help their friends from "the Muppet Show" when they find out Kermit the Frog is missing, the episode becomes a vein of "Sesame Street: Follow that Bird", but it will take more than many muppets to get Kermit the Frog back.

Of course, this idea will be worked on, but what do the rest of you think of the idea so far? What improvements should there be, and what things would you want to see?

Muppetmonster

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, the thing is that there's a difference between SS and TMS. Whilst the former focuses soley on childhood education through character building and quirky skits, the latter focuses on vaudeville-esque variety acts to generate a reaction.

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Two things:

1) The "Sesame Street" muppets visited the muppets from "the Muppet Show" various times.

2) The crossover episode could feature childhood education/character building/quirky skits, and vaudeville-like variety acts to stimulate reactions. Maybe the muppets from "the Muppet Show" could take over Sesame Street, and the muppets from "Sesame Street" take over the Muppet Show theater. Who knows, it could be a good episode, and it is most certainly more interesting than all of these uninteresting muppet movies, I might offend.

Muppetmonster

wwfpooh

Reaction score
1. I know, but visits occured most when times warranted a visit, such as Christmastime when the entire family should be together or during Kermit & Miss Piggy's wedding.

2. It's just the shows are so different...I don't know how merging the two would work.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think Kermit worked because he is so mellow under it all, the level of crazy the other muppets have just would not sit well with SS IMHO...Where as when it was the other way around having the SS characters on TMS mellowed it somewhat, but in a way they were use to having had human guest stars like that before :smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Although a "Muppet Show visit" crossover sounds good in theory, some characters' quirks really aren't appropriate for Sesame Street--especially these:

muppetmonster said:
Crazy Harry plays with dynamite. Sam the Eagle persuades people to be nude. The Swedish Chef tries to make meals out of the Sesame Street Muppets.
Sesame Street is aimed at children who are still learning to stay safe and to trust adults; having characters encourage nudity (outside a bath/shower at least) is very wrong on a kids' show. As for Crazy Harry and the dynamite--maybe that could work in a sketch about danger, but otherwise it feels out of place. And the Swedish Chef, well...when Cookie Monster tried to eat the Muppetized letter O this season, that made sense because Cookie eats anything. The Chef, though, I'd limit to chasing after "food animal" characters (Gladys the Cow, the Three Little Pigs, etc.) He is supposed to be a human, after all...not a monster!

ISNorden

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with being vegetarian.
I think the idea that sickened Redsonga wasn't being vegetarian, but imagining the Swedish Chef as a monster who'll eat everything in sight. (Did I interpret your answer correctly, Red?)

To get this back on topic, though...Sesame Street already has several characters obsessed with food (either one favorite kind, or food/eating in general). Inviting a Muppet Show character who behaves similarly might confuse the kids--especially if he looks human, but speaks in gibberish like some of the monsters.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. Now, if The Chef had his own segment that had him show how to prepare actual food (food worth eating), then the show could use him. XD