What would you call Grover...

Bootsy

Reaction score
What would you call Grover,would you call him a muppet or puppet?The reason why is i'm having an arguement with a teenager and i'm pretty sure grover is a muppet not puppet.Please help! :smile: :confused: :eek:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hi,Grover is a muppet since SS came in 1969 and he will always be a muppet.Hope this helps!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Grover is a special type of puppet: he's a Muppet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For a period from 1990-1991, they started calling them the "Sesame Street Puppets"...but they will always be muppets. If they have connections with Jim Henson, they're muppets..despite who owns the characters.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Grover and all the other Sesame characters are Muppets - even Sesame Workshop calls them that to this day. Sesame Workshop is legally allowed to call the Muppets and they are Muppets....Grover is a puppet, but a special kind of puppet, a Muppet (always has been, always will be - not only in the eyes of the fans, but legally speaking too.) They are Muppets.

Sesame Workshop owns the Sesame Muppets (and calls them Muppets), and Disney owns "The Muppets", (I think the Jim Henson Co. can even still use the term Muppets on certin things too - like Fraggles, ect.) - it's a tricky term that has been split up between companies, but not taken over by just one.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The important thing is what fans call and consider them... from Fraggles to frogs, Koozebanians to Carrots, Big Birds to Bears in blue houses, monsters to Mayhem members and Grumpy old men to Grover, we all know, refer to, and love them as Muppets.

Bootsy

Reaction score
Thanks alot

Thanks alot guys for your answers! I was pretty sure I was grover was a muppet but I thought I'd ask seeming it is the muppet forum!Thanks again. :smile: :cool: