What will Disney do with Muppet Babies?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So

So who cares if it is for kids or not i still think the shows are funny i really think they got a lot funnyier when Bean and Statlar and Woldorf came on. They where rich new and had some really really funny things. Its kind of funny to me i think Fozzie was more funny as a baby then as a "Classic Muppet".

McFraggle

Reaction score
I wouldn't personally compare it to "Captain Planet." "CP" was always preachier than "Muppet Babies," and it suffers because of that.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
they have passed disney has sead the have no intrest in cartoons on playhouse disney

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
they have passed disney has sead the have no intrest in cartoons on playhouse disney
Umm, What do you called the upcoming Mouse House series, P.B. and J Oyster, Stanley, and Rollie Pollie Ollie? :confused: Disney look at all options for programing on Playhouse Disney. The preschool market is a big demographic to tap and so Disney will use program featuring live-action, puppets, CGI, or traditinal animation to their best beneift.

Right now Disney is trying to rebuild the Muppet brand, so the Muppet Babies may have to wait for a little bit. Henson try to bring the babies back with plushes but they didn't really do that well. It didn't help that their wasn't big marketing push to relaunch the brand. Sure there were commerials on Nick and other networks, but in order to get people interest you need to have a new production or a re-release of the material.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
I dont mean to sound rude but i honestly dont want to see muppet babies anytime soon because they helped contribute to the death of classic muppets.I mean with my generation muppets are only seen as a baby show that came on nick jr.And no one ever thinks that muppets were once good family shows that every one could enjoy.I think this disney deal is our best and possibly last chance to have muppets back in every ones lives and if they relaunch muppet babies then we will end up right where we started.And if any one at disney is listening please keep what i said in mind. :crazy:

unclematt

Reaction score
baby sinclair said:
I dont mean to sound rude but i honestly dont want to see muppet babies anytime soon because they helped contribute to the death of classic muppets.I mean with my generation muppets are only seen as a baby show that came on nick jr.And no one ever thinks that muppets were once good family shows that every one could enjoy.I think this disney deal is our best and possibly last chance to have muppets back in every ones lives and if they relaunch muppet babies then we will end up right where we started.And if any one at disney is listening please keep what i said in mind. :crazy:
That is a very good point. You need to be able to keep the classic Muppet on a seperate field from the Muppet Babies.

That Announcer

Reaction score
To Baby Sinclair, I think you are right on all counts, except one: I think it was not Muppet Babies that killed off the Classic Muppets, but Elmo. It was right when Elmo came along that everyone suddenly began to think "The Muppets are just for kids!" Muppet Babies may have knocked out the Muppets, but Elmo was the stake in the heart.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Man, I haven't been here in a long time, now Muppet Babies has its own forum! Whoo!

Anyway, if Muppet Babies came out on DVD (and I don't mean those dinky single DVDs with the dolls) I wouldn't know what to do, I'd be so happy. I adore this show. I have a LOT taped from its Nick Jr. days, but tapes can't last forever.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
seriously, bazookabeak, I would love it too. After Muppets Wiz premieres on Friday, the brand is officially rebuilt. Let's hope all of America watches this!!! It's been hyped so much that I'm really dying to see it!

BJ