What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's kind of late and I'm bored and not really sleepy, so I thought I would post a new thread that's really interesting in another forum I'm a member of, so I thought it would be interesting here as well.

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

I'll give out the last two I bought...

On the 5th, I bought Fraggle Rock: The Complete second season, because Fraggle Rock rules, :smile: . I was so happy to buy it the day it came out as I had to wait awhile for the season one set. Haven't wacthed all the episodes yet, but loving what I've seen so far. My favorite episode so far, may have to be "Boober's Dream."

And just today I spent 40 bones on the three disc collector's edition of "The Wizard of Oz. It comes with a whole lot of stuff including five documentaries and a replica of the original movie ticket. I'm happy to buy that one as well.

What about all of you guys...

zeldazipple

Reaction score
The last DVD I baught was The Advantures Of Teddy Ruxpin beecause I have another friend whome I'm helping write fan fics with and I needed the DVD to remeber what the show was about lol. THan my dvd player stopped working so I went back to buying tapes again and I baught The Dark Crystal and the reason for buying that. Beceause I love Jim's work. This wil be the 3rd Drak Crystal I baught since it's Originial release.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The last time I bought a DVD, I bought two; and they were M*A*S*H seasons six and seven. I bought them because they are my two favorite seasons of the show, and I'm trying to collect seasons 1-7 for my DVD library; so I still need seasons 3-5 then I'll be satisfied.

Andy

Reaction score
Last night, I found what I presume is volume 1 of THE SOUPY SALES SHOW. I honestly don't know why it takes three DVDs as there are only 3 actual episodes on the discs, but that's petty quibbling. The shows are hilarious. I should mention that these are episodes from the 1970's. Also, you get old commercials between the segments on each ep, and one bonus scene on each disc. PARENTS BEWARE: Disc 2 has the stripper incident as a bonus clip-UNCENSORED. The other two bonus clips are OK, though. I hope I'll be able to find the three other volumes.

superfan

Reaction score
Annie (for my daughter)

And for myself, I'm going for Little Britain and The Dave Chapelle Show (Season2)...when I get the $$$

JJandJanice

Reaction score
zeldazipple said:
THan my dvd player stopped working so I went back to buying tapes again and I baught The Dark Crystal and the reason for buying that. Beceause I love Jim's work. This wil be the 3rd Drak Crystal I baught since it's Originial release.
Man if my DVD player stop working, I would totally freak out, lol. I'm loving DVD's.

I've bought more than one of a Jim Henson movie as well. I have Dark Crystal on both VHS and that box set dvd, which I was about to get for only 20 bucks, Labyrinth on both VHS and two different DVD's, the reg DVD and the special edition box set, and The Muppet Movie on dvd (non 50 years of being green verison) and two vhs's. I went ahead and sold of them though.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
TaleSpin Volume One. Because I could.

(Or, to make a short story long, my mom and I stopped by Best Buy to see if they had Fraggle Rock Season Two, which they didn't, but I noticed that they had the box sets of my favorite Disney cartoons, so later in the day I mentioned it to her and said I had the money to buy one, so the next day we went and got it.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While were on the subject of DVD's, what is the most expensive and least expensive DVD you've bought?

The most expensive DVD I bought was Rocky and Bullwinkle Season Three for $39.99; in my honest opinion it was rip-off as the episodes were edited, some of segments like Bullwinkle's Corner and Mr. Know-It-All were repeated from season 1, and the only bonus features they had worth checking out were the clips of the Bullwinkle puppet.

The least expensive DVD I bought was Ed, Edd n Eddy Volume 2 for like $something13.

Kermiesgurrl

Reaction score
Whow man, I buy so many DVD's. The Last two that I bought was The Mary Tyler Moore Show Season 1 and 4. I needed them to fill in my Mary Tyler Moore Show Collection. I had Seasons 2 and 3, but I needed the other 2 seasons. Now I have to wait for the other seasons to be released before I'll have the whole collection. LOL. Talk later.:smile: :embarrassed: :concern: