What was the last book you bought and why?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I thought that, since there's one of these for DVDs it might be nice to have one for books. :big_grin:

The last book I bought was The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan because I'm a fan of the Percy Jackson series and thought it was worth a look.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I last bought the collection of short stories Lost In the City for a class, and do comic books count? Because on this past Saturday, I bought the October 2010 issue of Mad Magazine.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Last book I bought? That's a tough one - I've bought quite a few books lately. But one of them was a mystery called "The Drunkard's Path" by Clare O'Donohue.

That's one of the pros (and occasionally, cons) of living within walking distance of a bookshop - I can't walk by without going into browse a bit, and I always end up buying something.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I believe there was already a fourm about this...but oh well.

Anyhow to answer the question. Other than a few books I need here or there for my classes. I've bought right now, I bought a few (more "mature themed") Manga books, which are...

The Qwaser of Stigmata: Volume 1
and
Dance in the Vampire Bund: Volume 1

I wanted to buy some Manga books for two reasons, one I want to read more of that style of comic and two, I'm thinking or writing and drawing my own.

Plus I also bought Batman: Harley and Ivy because I love Batman and truthfully seeing Harley and Ivy in some skippy outfits doesn't hurt, :smile:. But nah, it's a pretty entertaining and at times downright funny series of comics put together. They actually do make a pretty funny team together with Poison Ivy as the "straight man" and Harley Quinn as the "goof up."

Also picked up from Boom Kids Studios The Muppet Show comic book issue 8 and Toy Story issue 5. Boom Studios is a GIFT FROM GOD for ANY DISNEY FAN, :wink:.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I believe there was already a forum about this...but oh well.
I couldn't find any other one, which is why I started this one.

Maybe I didn't look carefully enough. :search:

As for the last book I bought, it was Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Stroud because it was the only thing that caught my eye at Borders. :big_grin:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Two books from a music store: A book of sheet music of Elton John songs and a biography of The Beatles. :sing:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I couldn't find any other one, which is why I started this one.

Maybe I didn't look carefully enough. :search:
It was started by that one user, can't remember his name, but for some reason I remember he really liked the sitcom "Full House." He also started a thread titled "Read any good books lately," which brother some users, cause they were just about the same.

But that's cool, to get back on topic, since it was stated that comic books count. I added one more to my already pretty nice size comic book collection and yes it was one more from the Boom Kids series of Disney works. Picked up Disney/Pixar's "The Incredibles" issue #12. I had to correct the girl that ringed me up for the $2.99 comic book when she said "it's from the DC universe." :smile:.

On a somewhat related note, I also read my copy of "The Muppet Show Comic Book" issue #8 today, pretty funny read.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I bought the complete series of Shelock Holmes (volume 1&2) they were on the bargain rack and getting those two books was cheaper than the whole volume in one book. Luv it!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I bought the Fraggle Rock comic collection, volume #1. Cool cover and fun read :big_grin: I hope they release more.