What sketches scared you as a kid?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I know; that's what puzzled me at first. I'll see if I can find that Dragnet "W" clip someplace, though!

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I remember I was scared when I saw the skit when Ernie took the knob off of the Radio and put it on Bert and turned him up and down. I remember being very freaked out by that, and the next day when the same episode was reran at 4:00 I ran into my room and shut the door, until it was over. I mean until it was definetley over. I stayed in there for a good 10 minutes because there was no way I was gonna take any chances.

squirrelboy

Reaction score
Squirrelboy here,

I have yet another creepy sketch or two.

and they are:

This cartoon starts with a man working in a supermarket who is stacking cans of food in piles of 12, and every time he's finished, a customer would take a can out of his perfect pile, thus ruining it. Angered by this he would re-make the pile and adding one more can, and once again a customer would ruin the pile. Finally - towards the end, he tells a kid to leave his pile alone, so the kid turns around and takes a can from another pile and the whole supermarket collapes. What a frightning thought - don't you think?

Another scary cartoon I remember goes like this:

It starts off with a director introducing herself to some guy, and she wants this guy to show him anger. We'll he starts off in the right direction, but is getting angrier and angrier still, until he's so angry - he leaves the studio.

Anyone remember either one of these?

Squirrelboy

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just thought of two more

The "Soul Letters" cartoons - Mainly because of the lead singer with the "Little Richard" attitude and the cut out animation.

Bellhop #8 - I'm not sure if that's the right one but in that one the Bellhop has to carry 8 heavy packages to the last floor and by the time he's at the stairs he winds up falling down the stairs with all the heavy packages with him.Is this the right one?

squirrelboy

Reaction score
squirrelboy here,

I have a few more to add to the list.

1) This is a cartoon based on the letter "O". It goes:
"O" Orange!! (a guy takes the orange and drinks it), you then hear from a distance -- OH!! A little scary - but more wierd.

2) Another one that freked me out when I was little, it goes like this:
I have a mind, and my mind has me, with everything I do (balls fall on head), see!! (more balls). A box appears in front of this guy, he decides to look inside, he even puts his hand into the box, only to find out he stuck his hand into a box filled with glue? Yeck!!

3) Lastly, there was an episode where Kermit & Herry Monster we're demostrating how an X-Ray machine works, to show what your insides look like, and of course Herry wants to see his muscles, and he does, litterly!! Kermit is confused - steps behind the X-Ray machine, and Herry plays around with the buttons for X-Ray, making Kermit dance like crazy! Scary when I was young, but absolutely hillarious if that episode was still on today.

Squirrelboy

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
squirrelboy said:
squirrelboy here,

I have a few more to add to the list.

1) This is a cartoon based on the letter "O". It goes:
"O" Orange!! (a guy takes the orange and drinks it), you then hear from a distance -- OH!! A little scary - but more wierd.

2) Another one that freked me out when I was little, it goes like this:
I have a mind, and my mind has me, with everything I do (balls fall on head), see!! (more balls). A box appears in front of this guy, he decides to look inside, he even puts his hand into the box, only to find out he stuck his hand into a box filled with glue? Yeck!!

3) Lastly, there was an episode where Kermit & Herry Monster we're demostrating how an X-Ray machine works, to show what your insides look like, and of course Herry wants to see his muscles, and he does, litterly!! Kermit is confused - steps behind the X-Ray machine, and Herry plays around with the buttons for X-Ray, making Kermit dance like crazy! Scary when I was young, but absolutely hillarious if that episode was still on today.

Squirrelboy
When I was little,I thought that Kermit's body turned into a skeleton so if he ducked down his WHOLE BODY would be a skeleton.:big_grin:

I also thought of one more.

Counting Russian dolls(1-10 version) - That used to creep me out so much when I was little and the minute I saw that little bloby Russian doll I was freaked out(I thought it melted lol).

PinballStewie

Reaction score
bigjeffy said:
I just thought of two more

Bellhop #8 - I'm not sure if that's the right one but in that one the Bellhop has to carry 8 heavy packages to the last floor and by the time he's at the stairs he winds up falling down the stairs with all the heavy packages with him.Is this the right one?
YES!!! I can't BELIEVE somebody else was scared of this one as a kid! I didn't know whether or not this skit (and others like the 2 kids in the lobby) were considered "scary" by anyone else but apparently I have my answer now!! I've said this a couple times before but somebody should SO post this one on YouTube (and there's more of a chance they will now since the "Rap" song for # 11 was recently posted); SS still airs these skits occasionally so I now have a slightly less faint memory of the # 2 and 20 versions, but they haven't shown # 8 for awhile (I don't think). Doesn't the Bellhop start to get into an elevator in this one only to find that it doesn't work? If so, that might've been the primary reason it scared me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
PinballStewie said:
YES!!! I can't BELIEVE somebody else was scared of this one as a kid! I didn't know whether or not this skit (and others like the 2 kids in the lobby) were considered "scary" by anyone else but apparently I have my answer now!! I've said this a couple times before but somebody should SO post this one on YouTube (and there's more of a chance they will now since the "Rap" song for # 11 was recently posted); SS still airs these skits occasionally so I now have a slightly less faint memory of the # 2 and 20 versions, but they haven't shown # 8 for awhile (I don't think). Doesn't the Bellhop start to get into an elevator in this one only to find that it doesn't work? If so, that might've been the primary reason it scared me.
I think so.I'm not sure.I also haven't seen it in a while.To add with that,I've fallen down the stairs myself 2 or 3 times when I was 3 years old and I ALWAYS landed on the back of my head lol.