1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What sketches scared you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Jennifer, May 12, 2002.

1. crackmaster

crackmaster New Member

*TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!*
    "Are you busy after the show?" :) :):o:concern::mad:;):sympathy::shifty::rolleyes::confused::eek::D :sing::flirt::cool::halo::hungry::attitude::fishy::sleep::boo::cluck::skeptical::ouch: :news::crazy::oops::zany::electric::cry::scary::search::p:(:insatiable::wisdom::grouchy::super::batty::laugh::smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::busy::drool::jim::fanatic: I feel mixed emotions! I'm feeling all the emotions I listed here! I'm feeling the emotions I feel today here! I feel emotions I'm feeling!

Luke kun likes this.
  2. crackmaster

crackmaster New Member

No it's not! It's actually great! I'm named after that skit!

3. crackmaster

crackmaster New Member

Oh, and a video too!

4. crackmaster

crackmaster New Member

"I am Crack Master!" 'The wall plaster crumbled to the floor. He'd destroyed himself, being mean. Camel, thank you for the ride. I'll see you again sometime, I'm gonna go back to the cracks someday.'

5. crackmaster

crackmaster New Member

the crack master skit (scariest one)

6. crackmaster

crackmaster New Member

can you get a video of sammy on here?

7. crackmaster

crackmaster New Member

I loved that one!

8. crackmaster

crackmaster New Member

I. LOVE. THAT. ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the DVD to be made now!!!!!!!!

9. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Preety much any sketch with that old, ominous music. You know with some of the really early monster sketches that ominous music? Makes me shudder. The "world's greatest counter" Ernie and Bert also scared me. Bert running into the camera should make everyone scream with terror. I don't even wan't to think about it. :eek:

10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Not really a sketch, but "Elmo and the Lavendar Moon" bothered me to a degree as a kid, I found the song to be rather creepy.

11. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I think when they showed the sketch w/Ernie "the world's greatest counter of numbers" again , they cut out Bert running into the camera. (I'm pretty sure it unnerved a lot of kids.myself included!:eek:)

12. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was cut from the american version, but it stayed the same in the German version. The clip is even MORE terrifying in that version because Berts' voice and screaming is high pitched. :eek:

13. D'Snowth

Well there's another Ernie and Bert insert from the 80s I believe: yet another Ernie keeping Bert awake all night, involving the balloons they got at a party (Ernie wanted to set them free); the sketch ends with Bert running into the other room, where you can hear him screaming his lungs out, as well as the sounds of glass breaking and shattering.

14. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Hmm. I don't remember ever hearing of or seeing this sketch. Is it scarier or less scary than the "world's greatest counter skit"?

15. D'Snowth

Judge for yourself...

16. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Aaa! Bert went BESERK! I don't think i've ever seen Bert snap like that. I don't know, I still find the "world's greatest counter" more terrifying.

Cory Stoczynski likes this.
  17. Stephen's Girl

Stephen's Girl New Member

18. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I definitely recall seeing that cartoon as a girl; some of the older episodes in my collection might have it too, but I'll have to check. Oddly enough, the sight of the animals stripped down to walking skeletons never scared me; I was crazy about monsters and spooky stuff back then, unlike most girls in pre-school. My biggest Sesame Street scares involved any character falling and/or hurting himself--yes, that includes the "Number Song" films with the clumsy baker. I loved the catchy counting lessons, but always dreaded the ending where the poor baker carried those desserts downstairs! :ouch:

19. Stephen's Girl

Stephen's Girl New Member

Hi there! I'm new to this wonderful forum and glad to know I'm in good company! I have read this whole thread all 51 pages and I had to reply to this particular thread! The cartoon that you are referring to with the man face changing shape gave me severe nightmares! They was also a lady that did the same thing nose changing the whole bit! I would scream loud that I think the neighbors thought my mom was beating me to death! I couldn't even go up to the tv to change the channel because I was terrified that it would come through the tv! That was the most scariest thing I ever saw on ss. One time when it came on, I was literally trying to climb the wall to escape! To this day I can't look at morphing faces or pictures of drawings my kids do of profiles because this clip gave me such truama that I would burst out in tears! If it ever showed up on YouTube, I would never look at YouTube again. All I can say is that is far most the creepiest, scariest and traumatizing clip ever! Now that my hair is standing on end, I hope I can sleep tonight!

20. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

The original video clip is gone, unfortunately; could someone who's actually seen it describe what happens, please?