1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What sketches scared you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Jennifer, May 12, 2002.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... this thing...

There was no call for that to be on the show ever, and I can't believe they hid an entire episode because The Wicked Witch of the West was considered too frightening, but this was deemed perfectly fine. There is nothing fun or educational about that sketch. It's just jarring, and disturbing, even as an adult.
  2. crackmaster New Member

The scariest Sesame Street skit/sketch in the whole entire universe (for me) is when Oscar ate some rotten cookies and turned into a Handsome Prince. Oh, it was THAT scary! :concern::eek: When I heard and saw the skit starting up, I'd be like "Oh No!". And then I would run out of the room, with the channel changed to Channel 14 (the sports channel? For me, now, it is.) and hide in the family room (watching Channel 14, too. It was tuned to that by my brother and dad alot.). When it was done, my mom would call "Okay! It's all over now. The prince is over." OMG! IT WAS SCARY! WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS SHOULD BE KILLED! (not jim this was done in the '90s either early mid or late also it could be early 2000's).

Update:
    I found out that this sketch was made in 2003. I remember seeing this alot from 2003-2007 (or 2008? oh yea it was 2008) I want to see this again to get over my fear. An image and a picture. Post now!
  3. crackmaster New Member

*TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!*
    "Are you busy after the show?" :) :):o:concern::mad:;):sympathy::shifty::rolleyes::confused::eek::D :sing::flirt::cool::halo::hungry::attitude::fishy::sleep::boo::cluck::skeptical::ouch: :news::crazy::oops::zany::electric::cry::scary::search::p:(:insatiable::wisdom::grouchy::super::batty::laugh::smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::busy::drool::jim::fanatic: I feel mixed emotions! I'm feeling all the emotions I listed here! I'm feeling the emotions I feel today here! I feel emotions I'm feeling!
  4. crackmaster New Member

No it's not! It's actually great! I'm named after that skit!
  5. crackmaster New Member

Oh, and a video too!
  6. crackmaster New Member

"I am Crack Master!" 'The wall plaster crumbled to the floor. He'd destroyed himself, being mean. Camel, thank you for the ride. I'll see you again sometime, I'm gonna go back to the cracks someday.'
  7. crackmaster New Member

the crack master skit (scariest one)
  8. crackmaster New Member

can you get a video of sammy on here?
  9. crackmaster New Member

I loved that one!
  10. crackmaster New Member

I. LOVE. THAT. ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the DVD to be made now!!!!!!!!
  11. galagr Well-Known Member

Preety much any sketch with that old, ominous music. You know with some of the really early monster sketches that ominous music? Makes me shudder. The "world's greatest counter" Ernie and Bert also scared me. Bert running into the camera should make everyone scream with terror. I don't even wan't to think about it. :eek:
  12. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Not really a sketch, but "Elmo and the Lavendar Moon" bothered me to a degree as a kid, I found the song to be rather creepy.
  13. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I think when they showed the sketch w/Ernie "the world's greatest counter of numbers" again , they cut out Bert running into the camera. (I'm pretty sure it unnerved a lot of kids.myself included!:eek:)
  14. galagr Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was cut from the american version, but it stayed the same in the German version. The clip is even MORE terrifying in that version because Berts' voice and screaming is high pitched. :eek:
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well there's another Ernie and Bert insert from the 80s I believe: yet another Ernie keeping Bert awake all night, involving the balloons they got at a party (Ernie wanted to set them free); the sketch ends with Bert running into the other room, where you can hear him screaming his lungs out, as well as the sounds of glass breaking and shattering.
  16. galagr Well-Known Member

Hmm. I don't remember ever hearing of or seeing this sketch. Is it scarier or less scary than the "world's greatest counter skit"?
  17. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Judge for yourself...

18. galagr Well-Known Member

Aaa! Bert went BESERK! I don't think i've ever seen Bert snap like that. I don't know, I still find the "world's greatest counter" more terrifying.
    Cory Stoczynski likes this.
  19. Stephen's Girl New Member

20. ISNorden Active Member

I definitely recall seeing that cartoon as a girl; some of the older episodes in my collection might have it too, but I'll have to check. Oddly enough, the sight of the animals stripped down to walking skeletons never scared me; I was crazy about monsters and spooky stuff back then, unlike most girls in pre-school. My biggest Sesame Street scares involved any character falling and/or hurting himself--yes, that includes the "Number Song" films with the clumsy baker. I loved the catchy counting lessons, but always dreaded the ending where the poor baker carried those desserts downstairs! :ouch: