What sketches scared you as a kid?

muppeteer

Reaction score
I agree. I think this skit is rather disturbing. The old count was rather sinister. Don't you think so ?

PinballStewie

Reaction score
lalalei said:
When I was little, I was scared of Wet Paint, Count to 10 with Nobody, and Red-Hot I.
Honestly, I thought (and still think) that "Wet Paint" ROCKED!!! It rocks now 'cuz it reminds me of Bowie and Talking Heads, but I guess back in the day, it rocked 'cuz it was just plain ol' fun!

I can see where you'd be scared of the other two, though. Millions of kids were, from what I know (so it's a good thing they're up on YouTube ;D)

PinballStewie

Reaction score
The all-time scariest for me...

'toons/live action:

"G - Gorilla" this scared the living **** out of me as a kid 'cuz when that one guy unzipped his costume to reveal he was a gorilla, he made this unearthly noise (AAAUUGHGHHEYYYAARRHHAAGGGHH!!!), and plus I thought that the gorilla was EATING the guy in the costume.

Bellhop cartoon with 8 steamer trunks/suitcases - I still wish someone would post this on YouTube for the "scare factor" it gave me, which was that he fainted (I think) when he got to the 8th floor and that all the suitcases fell on his head.

"Milk, Mi-ilk, Milk" For 2 reasons - # 1 was that I was really sleepy at the time I first saw this one so I thought I just made it up, # 2 was Blossom Dearie's INCREDIBLY high voice (still wondering why the Singing Orange never gave me the creeps as a kid :wink:)

"40 Dots" - Anyone who was scared of skits where people screamed REALLY loudly was probably scared of this one. BTW, someone needs to post not only this one, but the counting to 14 elephant I've heard so much about on here, it sounds very similar (since they both get irrationally tense and anxious when it comes to a certain number) I have a very foggy memory of "40 Dots", but I think the screaming in that one is comparable to that of (the chorus to) "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies.

Muppet skits (these are rarer, usually I liked the Muppets):

Frazzle - what kid WASN'T scared of this guy?!? I thought he was the devil back when I was a wee lad.

"Big Kids Cry" someone NEEDS to repost this on YouTube, for I enjoyed seeing not only how silly I was for being scared of it, but also just how silly the song was (lyrically it's the first emo song :stick_out_tongue:) Anyway, it scared me because of the "Boo-hoo, wah-wah, sob-sob, (blowing noses)" part, which somehow led me to believe those kids were misbehaving (yep, I was such a weirdo back then)

"I Cry" by Rocky - then again maybe I was just scared of ANY skit that dealt with crying, though this one probably got on my nerves a bit more than the previous one because of the "WAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" noise at the beginning. Nowadays I can't get enough of it, and everytime I see it, I think to myself, "This must've been what Joey Ramone was like as a baby!" :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
PinballStewie said:
Honestly, I thought (and still think) that "Wet Paint" ROCKED!!! It rocks now 'cuz it reminds me of Bowie and Talking Heads, but I guess back in the day, it rocked 'cuz it was just plain ol' fun!
Yeah,I think "Wet Paint" rocks now,though How Now Brown sure is one weird lookin' muppet lol.:big_grin:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah,I also forgot to add in the first time I saw Little Jerry screaming in "Telephone Rock" mad me wanna turn off the t.v.I mean you try listening to,"Yeah,yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah,yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah,AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH!!!!".Sure did freak me out.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
PinballStewie said:
The all-time scariest for me...

"Big Kids Cry" someone NEEDS to repost this on YouTube, for I enjoyed seeing not only how silly I was for being scared of it, but also just how silly the song was (lyrically it's the first emo song :stick_out_tongue:) Anyway, it scared me because of the "Boo-hoo, wah-wah, sob-sob, (blowing noses)" part, which somehow led me to believe those kids were misbehaving (yep, I was such a weirdo back then)
Well,I can tell that Sawing14s has it based on the clip that appears before the sketch thst appears before the sketch where Cookie Monster and the Count cooperate from 1972,but there's really no use on asking him him to upload it.:frown:

PinballStewie

Reaction score
bigjeffy said:
Well,I can tell that Sawing14s has it based on the clip that appears before the sketch thst appears before the sketch where Cookie Monster and the Count cooperate from 1972,but there's really no use on asking him him to upload it.:frown:
And why not?! Seriously, I'd like to know.

BTW, another one I'd LOVE to see reposted is the "Willie Wimple" clip about chopping trees (or something like that) 'cuz it made me laugh even as a kid because of the "Yeecccccccchhhh!!!!" part at the end!! For some reason, I thought it was about cavemen back then (?!?)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
PinballStewie said:
And why not?! Seriously, I'd like to know.
Well it's because I figured out that comments to Sawing like "Can you please upload that sketch before/after this sketch?" or "Can you save me the trouble and upload that sketch before/after this sketch?" seem to annoy him so unfortunetly,you'll have to wait.Sorry.I'm also unhappy about it too.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
I recall a rather wierd experience occuring when I was about four years old.Early one morning,when it was still dark outside,I found myself half awake while trapped in some kind of bizarre nightmare.All it was was a bunch of loud and scary noises.Whenever I tried to get out of bed,I would feel a hand grab my head and lay me back down.This went on for roughly half an hour,before I was fully awake.It was that following evening,when I saw a particular Ernie & Bert episode on TV for the first time.It was the episode that begins with Bert reading a book about oatmeal recipes,while Ernie kept walking in and out of the apartment with a glass of water.Bert kept questioning Ernie about what he was doing,and never got the right answer.Finally Bert got thirsty,so Ernie let him drink his last glass of water.After that,Ernie explained the broken faucet to Bert.The episode ends with bubbling water filling up the entire room.
Now get this,a week or so later,I saw this same episode for the second time one morning.And the following morning,when it was still dark out,I found myself trapped in that same bizarre nightmare.
On my third occasion of seeing that Ernie & Bert episode,I didn't want to watch it,because I didn't want to have that nightmare again,hahaha. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:
That doesn't make any sense.
I'm sure none of you can understand what the connection was between Bert and Ernie's broken faucet and one of my wacky dreams.
I still don't understand it either.
Forgive me,but my problem was I was simply afraid of my own shadow.It's a wonder how I got through life.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Forgive me for writing this.I was upset about a personal matter at the time.When I'm upset or discouraged I tend to do crazy things.My apologies.I hope I didn't ruin this topic.