What sketches scared you as a kid?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
When I was really wee, I used to find the Sesame Street News Flash title card a little unnerving, maybe cause of the black background and high-contrast colors and Jerry Nelson's announcer voice.

I am also very grateful I never saw the Beautiful Day Monster or Fred the Dragon on the show (they were probably long gone by 1990). They probably would've given my nightmares for years! I heard a lot of people were frightened by these two "creeps."
I used to be afraid of the News Flash intro as well! The music was just kind of scary.

I think I saw a clip with Fred the Dragon the other day. He wasn't that bad, until they did a huge close up on his face, that was kind of scary! Lol, it must have been hard for Jim when Sesame Street first started though. He was supposed to provide characters for kids, and most of his puppets at the time were monsters!

finneyridgeway

Reaction score
scary sketches

Not that it scared me, but made me wince a little was the Daddy Dear skit where they show the weird looking dandelion and daisies.

BEAR

Reaction score
The only sketch that I clearly remember being a little afraid of was the one where Ernie and Bert were exploring the Egyptian pyramid.

Kiki

Reaction score
I have that one on video!! How freaky-deaky is it??

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just saw the Pyramid sketch, it was a little unsettling when the Ernie mummy first moved, but I was over it in two seconds. I was expecting something much worse!

PastorOfMuppets

Reaction score
Lefty the Salesman used to scare the bejeebies out of me when I was a kid. Now, with all the clips on YouTube, I don't understand why. The Lefty sketches are hilarious.

And I wasn't too fond of Chrissy and the Alphabeats either, especially "You're Alive." Chrissy reminded me of a creepy uncle I used to have.

Yes, I'm strange.

lalalei

Reaction score
Pinball Number Count was a little unsettling, but not as bad as Red-Hot I.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Recently, I watched the Grace Slick counting to ten sketch on Sesame Street Old School. It was late at night and I was barely awake, so her voice and the fact pace of the sketch made me very uneasy! It took me back my childhood and all those times Sesame Street would turn scary! lol