What Sketches Made You Laugh?

Reaction score
I always laugh at Bert's complaints while Ernie sings "Dance Myself To Sleep."
"Why me?
"I don't believe this"
"Ernie, please"
"The sheep are tap dancing!"
And above all that, Bert looks as if he wants to say, "Ernie, have you lost your MIND?"

Other funny skits
- Bert and Ernie skit where Bert is mad because someone stole his cookie and accuses Ernie, but he says he didn't take it. Cookie Monster drops in, dressed in an Ernie shirt imitates Ernie's laugh - and Bert and Ernie faint!
- The ten segment where the baker drops his cakes
- Monsterpiece Theatre - The King and I
- K for Key (Close the house Leonard!)

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Any Elmo & Kermit sketch makes me laugh.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Skit where Ernie and Bert are in bed,and Ernie decides to count sheep.Then he counts fire engines,then balloons that burst and cause an indoor earthquake.

Another Bert and Ernie skit where they go to bed,but Bert can't sleep with the sound of the leaky faucet in the bathroom.So Ernie decides to fix the problem by ,first,turning on the radio,then ,turning on the vacuum cleaner.

Ernie tries to take a nap,but,Cookie Monster wants his"nice fluffy pillow".

Bert tries to write a letter and Ernie annoys him with a small fan.

Kermit gets Grover to climb a sky high staircase.

The Monster's 3 Wishes:Inspite of what a good job Bob did of keeping a straight face throughout the skit,you can tell that he still couldn't help laughing.

ABCDEF Cookie Monster

Kermit tells Grover to match a picture of a farmer on a horse and buggy.But Grover ends up pulling the buggy with the horse riding on it.

Yip Yip Martians

Cookie Monster tries to eat Guy Smiley in the bakery.

P Painting:I always get a kick of how they brought Mona Lisa to life in that segment.

P Packing

Kermit's Newsflash where the big bad wolf tries to blow the three little pigs' house down.

Ernie annoys everyone else at the movies with his reactions toward the movie being shown.

Guy Smiley's Beat The Clock skit where Cookie Monster has to come up with three things that rhyme with rain.I love the way :insatiable:drives a big train right through the wall.

Cartoon segment that starred two guys,one was"very very happy",the other was"very very sad".The happy guy was so happy he just couldn't stop laughing.

The Yak

Oscar's ice cream stand.One of his flavours being spaghetti.(Imagine,spaghetti ice cream,ugh.)

Herry wants his barbell back from Oscar,but Oscar refused to give it back.So Herry violently shakes Oscar's trash can until Oscar surrenders.

Cookie Monster tries to eat Oscar's trash can.

I'll let you know when I cna think of any others.

Reaction score
Another funny moment - Kermit wants to interview Peter Piper, but keeps being interrupted by his relatives. (Sesame Street News Flash).

ISNorden

Reaction score
Another funny moment - Kermit wants to interview Peter Piper, but keeps being interrupted by his relatives. (Sesame Street News Flash).

Kermit's best throwaway line: "Anybody got a letter Q?" (spoken to the camera after a whole interview full of P-words). :smile:

Reaction score
I always laughed at Cookie Monster's shadow during the Healthy Food music video. Get jiggy with it, Cookie!

Bert & Ernie Go to Egypt - Bert screaming "ERNIEEEEEEE!" after the Egyptian Ernie tells him goodbye.

And this isn't funny, but I remember the '80s video for "Everybody Sleeps" and I felt so bad for that one guy who is shown sleeping on a pyramid of tires. Every time I saw it, I'd think, "That cannot be comfortable at all. Poor guy."

Drtooth

Reaction score
And let's not forget that classic... the consenant poem about the Lion that opened the window, and said "Needle Nidel Noo, and Ticky Tackies too!"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Any Waiter Grover sketch ... and its variants.

Jon-Jon and the ABCDEF-Cookie Monster girl.

Most Ernie and Bert sketches. I've tried and tried to find my favorite one on youtube, but I can't find it -- where Ernie is drumming and tries to get Bert to imitate Ernie's increasingly complex routine (the sad thing is I still remember most of it :big_grin:).

Anytime Oscar opens his mouth. :smile:

superboober

Reaction score
Super Grover's computer sketch reduced me to hysterics more than any other. Just the sheer ludicrosity of our hero running around in circles screaming at the top of his lungs, and then hopping up and down yelling "Wubba wubba" was enough to keep me laughing for hours afterwards (and imitating it as best I could). Another amusing one with Grover was the caveman sketch where he put the different shaped wheels on the boulder, only to have it roll down the hill on top of him at the end. The funniest News Flash was the Old Mother Hubbard sketch (I think it was a News Flash) where OMH gets her dog everything that rhymes with bone (and breaks them when they prove too heavy) but the bone itself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Super Grover's computer sketch reduced me to hysterics more than any other. Just the sheer ludicrosity of our hero running around in circles screaming at the top of his lungs, and then hopping up and down yelling "Wubba wubba" was enough to keep me laughing for hours afterwards (and imitating it as best I could).
Ah, that is indeed a good one. And the source of the Monster in the Mirror song's lyrics.

I always giggled like an idiot at the scribbles excersizing skit. "Nrrr nrr nrr nrr nurrr nurr nurrr" "Nyerrr nyerr nyerrr nyerr EXCERSIZE Nyer Nyer!" "EEP! OP! ORP!* EXCERSIZE!" Of course, the better crafter ones where they actually talk are pretty good, too. Like the one where the 2 Scribble vally girls meet the UPC code?

*(And that means I love you!- Jetsons refference)