what show was this on?

grouchman

Reaction score
this is driving me nuts, so i'll come to the experts.

while opening and playing with my (our) new muppet labs playset, my little boy asked me about the "gorilla detector". i remember part of the gag, but don't know which show the sketch appeared on.

we went through the time-life dvds without finding it. i have some other muppet shows off the original syndicated run, but don't know which episode might have it.

do you know? will you tell?

beaker's his favorite character. he loves to imitate beaky. of course it's easy, even for a four year old....you don't have to memorize any lines...just "mee mee me mee me meeep".

your superior knowledge will be grouchily acknowledged.

grouchman

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi grouchman,

Great to see you! The Muppet Labs gorilla dector segment is from the Avery Schriber episode. Click on the link for info on the sketch from our guide. Also if you have The Muppet Show Book there's a complete dialogue of the sketch in there as well.

What's new? Done any puppetry projects lately?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
From one puppet guy to another, welcome back Grouchman!!

How ya been?

- Billy :cool:

grouchman

Reaction score
ahhhhh....grouchy gratitude!

usually i'll go to a book instead of the 'net, but this time, i got lazy.

i'll at least be able to show my kid what the sketch was about. then it's back into the vault to see if avery's one of the shows i have.

not much shaking in this area of the puppet woods. the last bit i did was a conductor character for the raleigh symphony, but it didn't take. maybe i shouldn't have named him "leopold stuckupski".

again...many thanks for letting me pick your brains. 'hope it didn't hurt much!

gotta scram.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Where can I get the Muppet Show Book? I don't think I've seen it before.:confused:

Joggy

Reaction score
It's not that hard to find in online bookstores or on Ebay, and it's certainly not as rare as the beautiful behind-the-scenes book Of Muppets And Men.

The Muppet Show book is sort of like a 'screenplay book' with scripts of TMS sketches, accompanied by beautiful drawings of those scenes.

It's the book Muppet fans secretly read out loud when noone's around. In Muppet voices.