What other "Fraggle Rock" creatures appear on "Mopatop's Shop"?

A

Agentflash

Besides Wander McMooch, Blustering Bellowpane, Brool, Gunge, and The Beast, what other creatures of "Fraggle Rock" appear on "Mopatop's Shop"?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I've never seen Mopatop, but I think I read somewhere around this forum that Mudwell the Mudbunny also appeared on that show ... am I right?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg

You not seen "Mopatop Shop" :concern: ?

Well you are in luck :big_grin: can see some shows on line from the offical site.

CLICK HERE

Enjoy :excited:

MuppetDanny

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wish we got that over here. You know, I was thinking. We get all of these crummy Pokemon movie in the US, why can't we get a Mopatop one? The format is dense with possibilities. I think US culture stays away from the different accent. That might be it, because Brits always get our shows, but not vice versa. :frown:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I think US culture stays away from the different accent. That might be it, because Brits always get our shows, but not vice versa. :frown:
That's not always the case ... I mean, several Britcoms are seen on PBS. However, in a way, what frogboy's saying makes sense, what with steering clear of the different accent and all. To vouch, I can think of two British TV projects that have aired in the States with altered voice tracks:

Stressed Eric (Klasky-Csupo, 1998-200?)
Gosh, I'd like to see more of that. Only 3 episodes aired on NBC in the States before the executives decided the show sucked. :rolleyes: The only altered voice was Eric's, redone by the Simpsons' Hank Azaria. An example of a lame network method to get publicity. IMO, Hank is too good for anything else besides the Simpsons.

Robbie The Reindeer (Aardman, 2001)
I saw the special on CBS after my professor showed our class the original version on DVD. In the CBS version, all the voices were redubbed by American actors (except Blitzen's, I think?) and some lines/scenes were altered or cut ("Christmas came early this year ... " --Blitzen). Also, it seems there was a follow-up special called "Legend of the Lost Tribe" which takes place years after Robbie's triumph ... did this air in the UK? :confused:

Clone High
Is this another example?

I don't have RealPlayer. :frown: If anyone has any Mopatop or Hoobs shows (or Stressed Eric :wink:) to trade, feel free to make me an offer as early as May 10. I'm going on a temorary hiatus from tape trading, but that doesn't mean I won't finish any trades I've started before this post.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think PBS really counts. I mean, Are You Being Served and whatnot came out years ago., but I get your point.

I'm wondering with all of these cable channels, why we don't have a Euro channel? That would be such a cool and enriching channel.Family programming during the day and stuff for the grownups at night. Kind of like a European Nick. Some shows could be geared to teaching kids another language. I think that would be a fantastic idea.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Gorg
Clone High
Is this another example?
No, that's just another lame attempt at an adult cartoon, courtesy of the good idiots at MTV... so it's definitely American.

^_^ Debo

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Gorg
Robbie The Reindeer (Aardman, 2001)
I saw the special on CBS after my professor showed our class the original version on DVD. In the CBS version, all the voices were redubbed by American actors (except Blitzen's, I think?) and some lines/scenes were altered or cut ("Christmas came early this year ... " --Blitzen). Also, it seems there was a follow-up special called "Legend of the Lost Tribe" which takes place years after Robbie's triumph ... did this air in the UK? :confused:
[/B]
Yeah, Legend of the Lost Tribe aired on CBS right after the Robbie the Reindeer redubbing....And they actually DID redub Blitzen she was voiced by Britney Spears....Seemed like they changed some of the scenes, too....They showed the original RTR, (not redubbed), they year before on Fox Family.....

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by Agentflash
Besides Wander McMooch, Blustering Bellowpane, Brool, Gunge, and The Beast, what other creatures of "Fraggle Rock" appear on "Mopatop's Shop"?
I also heard that the Inkspots and Begooney appeared in "Mopatop's Shop" as well.

I agree that any more answers would be greatly appreciated.

Someone please help us. Warrick,......anybody?:cry: