What Muppets were you scared of as a Kid?

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Was anyone scared of any particular muppet as a kid.When i was five i was scared of BigBird, Junior gorg,and dinosaurs. I would love to see what people used to be scared of muppets.

Salmoto

Reaction score
He's not technically a muppet, but I didn't like Hoggle from "The Labyrinth" He just creeps me out.

mattyboy

Reaction score
I used to go out of the room when statler and waldorf said their final thought of every Muppet Show. It's probably cos they looked scary and use to either hit each other or chuck each other out of the balcony. I remember on the Marisa Berenson episode when they chuck Kermit out of the box at the end of the episode and I cried and ran out of the room. I dont anymore though.:smile:

Natalie

Reaction score
I was kind scared of Cookie Monster and the Count at first, but then I liked them. Hmm...oh and Crazy Harry, I still don't like him. Also, a lot of the pirates from MTI, I was still kind of young when it came out.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Hugga Wugga, Sweetums on occasion, lots of acts in Muppet Weird Stuff ("All Of Me", "Hugga Wugga", "You Do Something To Me", "I've Got You Under My Skin"), I think possibly Gorgon Heap too.

Worst one has got to be the Letter E from Sesame Street's Letter of the Day. I always changed the channel or turned off the TV when that came on. Something about the blond hair, the tiny eyes and lips, and the squeaky little voice by Richard Hunt. That letter E gave me one nightmare that I remember to this day (because I thought it was real and ran into my parents' bedroom). I turned over in bed, and there was that E (though I think it had buttons on it like a calculator) and it said, in a low, male voice, "Good night pal. Poison dreams." And I ran out screaming!

Just thought I'd share that with you. I'm going to go hang my head in shame now.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was never scared by the Muppets but I have a fried who gets freaked out by the Thunderbirds. I think it's their mouths that are scary.

Also I love Sesamie Streets letter puppets. I will always remember Z best.

muppetfreek

Reaction score
Sam used to scare me. i dont know why. i think it was because he reminded me of Gordon off Thomas the tank engine (the grumpy blue engine) cuz they were both blue and never up beat! hehe, but thats a looooooooooooooong time ago!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Definately Animal!
I was the same. I used to swicth off "TMM" near the end off the film seconds berfore Animal saying "GO HOME! GO HOME.....". also I remember to watch TMS with the sound off fearing Animal running around yelling (as usual :wink: )

Later

MuppetDanny

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
I'm still afraid Thog, but i wasn't afraid of him as a kid. i was DEFINITLEY afraid of Spaceship Surprise, Vincent Twice, and Placido Flamingo on ss! also this one muppet named Mary Louise is freaky looking. she has weird black lips, i think. actually, there's too muppets named Mary Louise, the other looks like Prairie Dawn.