What Muppets scared you as a child?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
:eek: I admit, Digit CREEPED me OUT wehen I was little! (I think it was the wires...) And the Skeksis were so flippin' scary....But, the ones that always gave me the creeps as a little girl were...The Firies!!! I'm serious!!! That whole "does your head come off, too" thing TOTALLY gave me the heebeejeebees!!!

(*Bonus points to all who remember the heebeejeebees gags from the Grimmy cartoon!*)

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
There was a scary guy on Sesame Street who used to sit in front of a fireplace, cloaked in the shadows, and singing the alphabet song. (It was NOT The Count... everyone assumes that's who I mean.) Speaking of which, DOES anybody else remember this segment? It was back in the 70s.

Getting back to the Muppet Show... none of them scared me, though The Phantom of The Muppet Show was probably the most eerie.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hello, Manda...I'm a Fiery....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :wink:

I could see how that would scare you. I was 13 at the time, so it didn't bother me. I was 14 when JHH came out, so Digit didn't scare me either...but I can see how he would! :smirk:

MuppetPro: I find it hilarious that you're talking about Statler being scary, and the eMuppecon is saying "boo"! He's supposed to be making fun of a bad performance, but it looks like he's saying "boo" like a ghost!

Randall: I think I vaguely recall what you're talking about. I'll try to remember to ask my friend, who's a SS expert. I agree that the Phantom of the Muppet Show (aka Uncle Deadly) was the creepiest, though I don't recall being scared by him either.

As for me: the scariest characters were always the most "realistic" ones. One example is the human-looking Muppets in the "Gambler" number of the Kenny Rogers episode (especially when the one DIES and his ghost starts dancing around!) There's also another number (the Cleo Laine episode, maybe?) where there were a couple of realistic human-looking Muppets in a field. One of them died, and the other one watched their spirit fly off, or something like that. Brrrr.

I don't remember seeing the "Lime in the Coconut" number in the Kenny Rogers episode when I was a kid, but if I had, that number would have scared me as well. The whole thing's so bizarre...and the witch doctor's eyes...

Come to think of it, I think I'm scared of it as an adult. :crazy:

Emerald

Reaction score
Randall Flagg: I remember that too, but alas I cannot tell you any more specifics than what you all ready mentioned.

And, yes, that Kenny Rogers episode had several scarry moments including the Witch Doctor and the Gambler.

But the moment that scared me the most was something that I saw on an episode of the Muppet Show, although I have repressed the specific episode. It involved giving someone the "evil eye" and it was really creepy! Has anyone else seen it? Well, anyway, if you have you probably know what I mean.

casanovOz

Reaction score
when I was little I would always watch the Muppet Movie, and always had to turn away in the scence where Piggy attacks all of those goons and her eyes are all wide and scary. I still cringe when I see it :mad:

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
Cookie Monster's Visitor

It was that tall, blue furry thing that would scare everybody
when it would sneak up on the Cookie Monster to eat his
cookies!!

-JDD
**Campaining for the release of the FIRST Seseme Street
LP from 1970 to be released nationally on a CD**

Emerald

Reaction score
Off the subject, but I need a Rowlf picture with my name, too. He's by far my favorite!

casanovOz

Reaction score
:sympathy: :sympathy:
I definately feel the Rowlf love in this forum.
Emeral, if you just go to google.com and go to images theres tons of Rowlf pics.
JimmyDeanDog I love your avatar, lol

Emerald

Reaction score
Thank you! I finally got the image shrunk down enough to work! (It took a lot of alterations!)

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
Interesting story...I hope

There was a segment on Seseme Street where either Ernie or Grover sniffed a pretty little flower, but when he tried to pick the flower, it turned out to be attached to the head of a huge and bizarre looking monster. That scared the freezbits out of me (it's a Koozbanian thing).

I later read in a book, that that sequence was eventually pulled because it scared the pants off every kid. The design of the monster's head made it look scary, but on camera it's proportions were even more menacing.

:zany: