What Muppets scare us the most?

mikealan

Reaction score
Here is the talk of what SS Muppets scare us most. We've been talking about any Muppet that scares us during our What sketches scare you thread.

Mine were Elmo wearing a tounge on the Elmo's World: Shoes segment, the bare-faced AM's from the preimere episode, the peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich muppet from the game show, "This Is Your Lunch" and Sam the Robot.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Scariest muppets? Well, I don't think any muppets ever "scared" me, per say. But, since you asked ... as a younger kid, I always found the martians to be the most un-settling.

wockawocka

Reaction score
There are no scary SS muppets! Not to me anyway, but I think that Crazy Harry is pretty scary.

Chinchilla

Reaction score
scary muppets

When I was five years old or less, I remember being so scared of the the rubber-band face I ran from the room whenever it appeared. The eyes and mouth floated independently against the black background and it counted very slowly and creepily. This is an old bit and I assume they don't use it now.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Placido Flamingo all the way.

Captain from Spaceship Surprise (basically Guy Smiley with a high pitched hyper-cofee voice)

Vincent Twice

BUT STILL, Placido wuz THEE scariest muppet EVER! but spaceship suprise wuz probably the scariest muppet sketch ever. I was never afraid of any Muppet Show muppets, but my little brother used to be afraid of Janice when he was 3.

scarygeorge

Reaction score
When I was younger the Twin Beaks sketch freaked me out, it was sooo creepy, especially the double voices.
Also Animal in Muppet Babies scrred me, I didn't understand what he was about, but I was really small whilst that was on.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
DUDE! THE EPISODE OF THE MUPPET BABIES WHERE THEY GIVE ANIMAL A BATH AND THEN HE GETS LOST and they think he's gone down the drain! DUDE! THAT EPISODE SCARED THE BAJEEVERS OUT OF ME! mainly becuz i wuz afraid of any song/tv show/movie with a reference 2 'goin down the drain' becuz, well, that was my biggest fear @ the time.

Censored

Reaction score
As a child, I used to be afraid of The Count.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
In the Vincent Price episode of the Muppet Show, the big tan-ish monster with no nose and a huge mouth that kept trying to eat that other Muppet and sang that one "I've got you under my skin" song or whatever it was called.
Anything with a rully big mouth creeps me out.

Frazzle

Reaction score
They have done away with Frazzle on SS because they thought the Muppet was too scary for children. I think he's rather cute, though he probably won't add much to skits because he grumbled instead of speaking. It's difficult to find many references or pictures of Frazzle. I had to make my avatar from a scan of a DVD cover, in which I had to airbrush other charaters out of the backdrop. I like him alot though. He has this cute sort of scary monster appearance. Anyone remember a VERY old SS skit from 1969 (back when Oscar was orange) where they had a green anything muppet singing a song called "LuLu's Back In Town" The anything muppet was dancing with this big, scary blue monster who wore a curly brown wig, a pink bow & beads around her neck. Lulu spoke with a booming voice & other anything muppets ran when they saw her. I have that footage on tape, becaue that was one creepy muppet.
:embarrassed: