What Miss Piggy should MR design?

spencer

Reaction score
The Muppet Caper Piggy would certainly be the ultimate replica look for me - perfect :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
The Great Muppet Caper look would be, er, great!:smile:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I think she should have a couple of wigs and a couple outfits to along with her. That would be great!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is how Piggy product seems to be going.

This is closer to how I'd like her face to look.

I wouldn't mind something modern like this.

But I much prefer this for my pig!
:mad:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Great pictures, Jamie!

As long as she doesn't have her 90's soccer-mom straight blonde bob 'do. This is the closes picture I can find. Her ears look awful there, too. That must a really bad poser. :/

I LOVE the glamourous Great Muppet Caper look! Either that or late era muppet show. MTM would be going too far... let's leave the perm in the 80's, shall we? :stick_out_tongue:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Blecch!

That poser...you're right, it looks bad! The ears aren't even straight!

I'm all for the The Great Muppet Caper Piggy, but I would also be happy with a Piggy of say...4th or 5th season of The Muppet Show.

Again, as I've said before, MR is aiming these replicas at a particular fanbase (that's us). Those who know the "Muppet Show" Muppets and not just the casual fan who knows only Pepe from the Long John Silver's commercials and "those two old guys are funny! Who are they?" MR knows there's Muppet fans around that remember the classic days from childhood and are adults now with some bucks to spend. They want to appeal to us, and that's why Gonzo is in his purple tux and Fozzie will have his classic polka-dot necktie and not that blue...(ascot?) we've seen pop up recently.

MR must listen to fans. Flathead Kermit has been avoided. Animal's pretty good. The verdict is still out on Gonzo. Now we need them to know that Fozzie needs to look like Terry's Fozzie (which is absolutely flawless) and to pay attention when creating Piggy! We don't want yet another Piggy that looks bad with Tweety yellow hair. You might think "Well, a company that does high quality work wouldn't do that."

Oh, really?

Piggy needs to look outstanding, like the Piggy we know and love. MR needs to know, and we are the ones buying these...so it's OUR responsibility to tell them how she should look.

And just a thought...do any of the Muppeteers (besides Terry) have any influence or thoughts on how these replicas are developing? With the whole debate on Gonzo right now, I wish I could know what Dave Goelz has to say about it. Billion to one shot if we hear anything from Frank about the replicas, but it's just a thought.

Convincing John

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Backstory on the Bust

My customized Piggy bust. Just a hair color tweak and she was pretty sweet. That, so far, is hands down the best Piggy product sculpt I have ever seen! Sideshow/Weta dropped the ball in the end. They weren't willing to debate the PMS color assignent with the Henson Company at the time. This was not what the sculptors or creative team at Sideshow/Weta wanted for her hair color. In fact they wanted to go for the shorter initial strawberry blonde "bob" the bust had on its announcement page way back. The only bust that really bit from the lot was Fozzie. He was an orange furry Pac-Man with a hat. It was shameful considering the stunning work they'd done with the rest of the gang.

Anyway, back to Piggy. I know Henson shied away from using the character likenesses from the first few Muppet Show years. I'm not certain if Disney would be any different. :mad:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Blue Ascot?

That poser...you're right, it looks bad! The ears aren't even straight!

I'm all for the The Great Muppet Caper Piggy, but I would also be happy with a Piggy of say...4th or 5th season of The Muppet Show.

Again, as I've said before, MR is aiming these replicas at a particular fanbase (that's us). Those who know the "Muppet Show" Muppets and not just the casual fan who knows only Pepe from the Long John Silver's commercials and "those two old guys are funny! Who are they?" MR knows there's Muppet fans around that remember the classic days from childhood and are adults now with some bucks to spend. They want to appeal to us, and that's why Gonzo is in his purple tux and Fozzie will have his classic polka-dot necktie and not that blue...(ascot?) we've seen pop up recently.

And just a thought...do any of the Muppeteers (besides Terry) have any influence or thoughts on how these replicas are developing? With the whole debate on Gonzo right now, I wish I could know what Dave Goelz has to say about it. Billion to one shot if we hear anything from Frank about the replicas, but it's just a thought.

Convincing John
What is the Blue ascot thing that you refer to Fozzie wearing?The link is taking forever and nothing is happening.I always remember Fozzie being in his neck tie, even in merchandise, except the Palisades holiday variation.The only exception being the parodies for the Art and calendar spoof series and when he was Patrol bear and Muppet magazine photo shoots.Maybe I have missed something that he is now wearing in guest spots that doesnt screen in Australia.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is what I believe to be the blue neckerchief in question. :embarrassed:

A while back I heard reports the Muppet performers, specifically Frank Oz, liked the Palisades action figures so I think they'd admire these things even more.

As for Piggy's style, for better or for worse I'm expecting her face to resemble the new model. This comes from knowing how the Henson Company wanted to see her. The same is probably true for Disney.

The hair is anyone's guess. Multiple Piggy wigs might be a good idea. Curls are difficult to keep styled. This is why I believe she wears the straight blonde wig these days. Since there's no current project I suspect there's not enough "assistants" to keep her in curls or waves.

And if MR is listening - Piggy musts: Pearls, purple gloves and a ring. This is not like Animal's collar and chain. Most everyone knows this; I'm just making certain to post it.

Oh, yeah, and Piggy-wigs! Just had to say it again. How many chances does one have to say Piggy-wigs? :mad: