What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what the average minimum age is nowadays for a child to receive their first phone. A guy I know who's now in high school got his first cell when he was like around 7 years old back in 2009, but two things to note: he had restrictions of course due to age, and it wasn't a smartphone. He's got an iPhone now, but I would feel unsure about letting a young kid get one when they still need to get that life experience growing up, you know? Talking face-to-face is as old as ancient civilization, and it shouldn't be phased out by technology.
I remember even when I was nine some of my peers had phones, and I was like, "girl, you too young!" But, hold on, where was I going with this? Um, anyway...

I do kinda worry about actual face to face interactions in the future. I could raise my kid to not be addicted to technology, but that doesn't stop all the other kids around him from being addicted to it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Two of my friends from college just acting like children. :rolleyes: just glad they finally cut ties with each other.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Speaking of college, there are actually guys at my sister's school who aren't even engineering students, yet they still feel the need to "mansplain" engineering to females who are actually engineering students. :rolleyes:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, the mental health center close to my house that my dad goes to..... No longer accepts my health insurance for new patients. :rolleyes:

THANKFULLY however, they said they'd give us a list in a few days of other places close to us that do. Just hoping they're good....

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the drama/soap opera, Power. My boyfriend is super sweet to let me use his Hulu account when my mom started using it as well because I left it logged in on the Smart TV at my house. Again, my boyfriend is super sweet and like: Babe, it's okay. Let her watch. (Since then, my mom gives us movie tickets, groupons/coupons for dates etc..) so, okay.

But, my mom then started watching Power, which my favorite aunt ever (Let's call her 'Aunt Carmen') is also a fan of. They're discussing the show over dinner tonight when Carmen goes to my mom: "Stop screaming about the show! Ellie hasn't finished it. I know what happens, you don't need to tell me."

(Ellie is me btw)

When I serve myself a plate of food, head back to the table and my mom is rather hard at hearing and then screams to Aunt Carmen: OH YEAH, THE CHARACTER THAT [insert actor's name] PLAYS DIES!

Carmen then proceeds to give my mom the dirtiest look ever and was like: "Really? You have to spoil it for your daughter!?":mad:

I'm a little less than half done with the episodes that are on Hulu and well, I would've never expected the character she mentioned was going to die. And, I did everything to avoid spoilers (when I typically do the opposite because I hate surprises) but, I enjoyed the show so much that I wanted to really see how the story played out without spoiling it for myself.

Oh well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I'm fixing up/finishing an old project I made for my final project for college and for a client who finally got back to me after being VERY busy with projects. All that's left is putting in closed captions (which I personally am not looking forward to, but I'm rewarding myself once I'm done) and putting in lower thirds graphics....

...you know, if ****ing adobe premiere would recognize that I have after effects installed! :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Could you do the graphics maybe as vectors or transparent PNGs in Photoshop or Fireworks, then import them into Premiere? That's what I do sometimes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Could you do the graphics maybe as vectors or transparent PNGs in Photoshop or Fireworks, then import them into Premiere? That's what I do sometimes.
I'll take that as a last minute option. Right now I just want to figure out why after effects isn't being recognized as being installed.