What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Bridget

Reaction score
Yeah, everybody's saying his comment was offensive, and insensitive... I don't know about offensive honestly, but I DO think it was very conceited.
I don't think that any offence was intended, but rather him trying to lighten the crowd with a "funny" joke. However, I do think he should've thought about his words carefully before jotting it down in the guestbook. Even if this woman did live, you wouldn't have been around for her to like! And secondly, you are in a place of sadness where you see rememberance of the Holocaust. Not really the place to say something like that...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree with KissesToKermie.

I don't think it was offensive, per say. But it was still a ridiculous comment. When trying to show respect to someone, especially when the Holocaust is involved, I don't think it's smart to say: "I hope they would have been a fan of me". He was just being stupid.

I hope Abraham Lincoln would like this post if he were alive today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish if Jim Henson were alive today, he would go on YouTube, watch some Steve D'Monster, then hire me as a Muppeteer.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I actually think you would be! Have you ever auditioned for the job with Sesame or JHC? (Just curious..)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Meh...seems like it was blown out of proportion like that whole thing with the Beatles saying they were bigger than Jesus...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually think you would be! Have you ever auditioned for the job with Sesame or JHC? (Just curious..)
I contacted Kevin Clash once before if I could possibly audition for them after I graduated (because I was still in high school at the time), but he didn't actually respond with any kind of answer (he did send me a wonderful autograph photo of him and Elmo, which I shared here recently).

I've been told from people who have actually had opportunities to work for either Sesame of JHC in some kind of capacity that they are incredibly hard to get into. I actually met Ed May once, he runs a puppet company in Nashville (he worked as a performer on MFS and EIG, and I think SST), he and his troupe came to Knoxville for a show once, and I showed him Steve and gave a little example for him, to which he said he could not give me any critique, because there was nothing to critique, he thought my work was flawless. He did actually offer me a summer job with his troupe once, but it never came to fruition. Kids on the Block (that puppet troupe that visits schools and does skits on various different touchy issues like divorce and such) has expressed interest in me before as well, but I never heard back from them.

Some have told me I should form my own company, even though I never felt I could handle running my own operation (and still not sure that I can today), so that way I can ensure myself that I can have work in the field of puppetry. But when I started getting my own ideas and everything, I decided to do so, so I've been my own small business/independent company since like 2007 or so.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kim Krapdashian is whining and cryning about how physically painful pregnancy is.

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:cry: :cry::cry:
:rolleyes:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I actually downloaded Angry Birds and tried it just to see if my complaints were valid...and boy were they...

I thought the weird lag between launching the birds was just a facebook thing, with the camera not focusing properly and going everywhere. Nope, its like that on the actual game. I can't believe how poorly programmed it is...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
In my latest issue of Rolling Stone they had an interview with Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. Apparently when he's not in the studio churning out annoying promotional songs for the NBA playoffs, he is a "future theorizer" who has been paid by both Intel and Coca-Cola to consult for them. So just dressing in goofy futuristic clothes and using synthesized vocals makes you an expert on the future?