What made you roll your eyes today thread?

galagr

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why does Adventure Time get a calendar? No other CN show ever got a calendar in the past! I had to make my own Courage the Cowardly Dog calendar one year as a kid... I hate new CN shows always getting all this merchandising it doesn't deserve.

But who's ripping who off by selling FAN ART on eBay?

galagr

Reaction score
Why does Adventure Time get a calendar? No other CN show ever got a calendar in the past! I had to make my own Courage the Cowardly Dog calendar one year as a kid... I hate new CN shows always getting all this merchandising it doesn't deserve.
Well Snowth, I've actually devised a theory that explains the lack of merchandise in the older shows, and expansion of merchandise in newer shows. Back in Cartoon Network's hayday, they had lots of good shows, right? For example; Ed Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Foster's Home for Imginary Friends. Those shows got good ratings, and what does that give Cartoon Network? Money, of course. So why would Cartoon Network go to that extra step of providing merchandise for their fans when they are already making a lot of money? Now, to modern day. Cartoon Network has two ( count 'em TWO ) good shows, Adventure Time and Regular Show. Now, with less good shows means less good ratings. Adventure Time and Regular Show make good ratings, but all the others are so-so at best. Now how can Cartoon Network make more money if they have less good shows? Why, by merchandising the crap out of them, of course! Now the only question left unanswered is why Cartoon Network didn't make a lot of merchandise for their older shows and cash in double....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see you're point there.

My only "argument" is that Foster's came right at the beginning of CN's downfall, so, I don't really consider it a "good show from their heyday". Just my opinion though, I know it was popular and successful, but I was among many who were alienated by CN in June of 2004, and Foster's came out later that same year, so yeah.

galagr

Reaction score
I see you're point there.

My only "argument" is that Foster's came right at the beginning of CN's downfall, so, I don't really consider it a "good show from their heyday". Just my opinion though, I know it was popular and successful, but I was among many who were alienated by CN in June of 2004, and Foster's came out later that same year, so yeah.
I guesssssss so........... but keep in mind that Ed Edd n Eddy also ended in 2009.
*Sniff* What used to be....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but consider it lucky that EEE was adored by the network, because how often did CN, back in the day, actually renew a series of theirs after the initial four season/52 episode run?

Slackbot

Reaction score
This past weekend I burned my arm taking something a pizza of the oven. Hust smacked a forearm against one of the racks. It put a brand mark about an inch long on my forearm. It hurt like the devil when I did it, but not afterward, which puzzled me, but okay. I've kept it covered with sterile gauze, and it looks nasty, but it's stable, and still not hurting, so I haven't worried about it.

Well, today I got to thinking, and looked aroun on the NIH site, and found out that it's a third degree burn, and the reason it doesn't hurt is because the damage took out the nerves too. Yikes.

Anyhow, I'm keeping a close watch on it, and if anything nasty happens I'll scamper over to my doc. But for now I think I'm safe, as it's been four days and it looks like it's healing OK. But, still, it takes some special kind of stupid to give yourself a third degree burn and not realize it.

Bridget

Reaction score
(Sigh)
Just having to watch my disgusting, "boyish" older brother drop his doughnut on the floor and then abnoxiously eats it anyways. I'm pretty sure none of us have heard of the 5 minute rule?