1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Oh wow, how did you do that? The latest I can go is 8 am.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Dang... 8 is WAY too early for me.
  3. D'Snowth

Went to Ruby Tuesday, but the waitress that I rully-rully like wasn't working tonight. :(
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

There's been a shooting at an elementary school about 45 minutes to an hour from where I live. It's very sad to see something like this happen. I'm watching the news coverage before I head out to work and there are reports that one adult and one child have died, and that the shooter also has possibly been killed. The kids are been evacuated to a local nearby firehouse, and I can't imagine what it's like for them at such a young age to possibly have seen something like that happen. I hope there are no other casualties.
  5. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

That sounds scary... and sad. I'm glad you were not near there. Too sad! Now I am really uncertain about the future now.
  6. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

My DVD of The Muppet Movie won't play on my laptop. It freezes up VLC Media Player when I try to play it there and on Windows Media Player I can't get past the Disney logo when you first insert the disc. And it makes a very disturbing buzzing sound while the disc is loading. Yet the DVD still plays on a regular player no problems. :rolleyes: I tried other DVDs and those all still work... I guess this one is the odd one out.
  7. D'Snowth

Yep, I was right, this sure as Elmo didn't last long: we've jumped back up into the 60s, and apparently, we'll remain so till like the middle of next week.

:rolleyes:
  8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It's just disgusting someone would shoot at an elementary school. Honestly, if people weren't too busy only caring about themselves, stuff like this wouldn't happen. No normal person decides one day that they will shoot up a school. There is something else going on and has been for a long time that no one ever took the time to address.

Also, as of now, 27 people are confirmed dead, 18 of those children...
  9. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Whats making me frown is hearing the news about this elementary school shootout those poor children and teachers dead and those that saw it all I wish the best to all those families who willl need to recover from this.Whats also making me frown is that I feel ill I've got acid and just generally feel icky
  10. D'Snowth

All of this sounds like another typical day where I live. Seriously.
  11. BobThePizzaBoy

No words about this tragedy.. absolutely none and I thought the Aurora movie theater shooting back in July would be the worst we'd have to face for a long time. :cry: So sad to see this happen especially right in the middle of the holiday season.
  12. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

I know its such a shame and right before christmas :(
  13. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Stating the obvious...

What on earth could make an adult go into a school and start shooting little kids? That is past insane and simply evil, and that's not a word I like to use, because usually I don't believe in it.
  14. Sgt Floyd

According to the news, he was a 24 year old and his mother was a teacher there...
  15. BobThePizzaBoy

I hate to make Muppet Central my soapbox - but seriously, something really has to give with gun control laws. I'm sick of turning on the news and seeing shootings being breaking news. We've had two mass shootings with 20+ deaths within months of each other, the Oregon shooting earlier this week and if I recall correctly, wasn't there a shooting out near the Empire State Building at the end of August? What is it going to take for the government to change gun control laws?
    newsmanfan likes this.
  16. Sgt Floyd

No. Just. No. Did you know that places with stricter gun control have more violence and shootings? Again...it's the mental stability of the individual that needs to be addressed before things like this happen. Gun control will just put more illegal guns into criminals hands and prevent those who actually are responsible from owning one.
    heralde and Vincent Liu like this.
  17. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

Sarge, I'm with you completely. It's sick for anyone to shoot anybody, but an ELEMENTARY school? The worst fact out of all of this: one man has killed himself, both of his parents, and 20 children under the age of 12 years old. This just breaks my heart.
  18. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

It's just terrible to see that someone could do something like this. An entire classroom of students, including the teacher, was killed. I think that what needs to happen is a stronger mental health service program nationally so that people who are going to do something like this can be stopped before lives are ended.
  19. Sgt Floyd

YES! YES! YES!

The weapon of choice is irrelevant. Yes, normally it's a gun, but hings like this could still happen with a sword or a crossbow even.
  20. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

That's absolutely awful that's happened in that primary school. Incidents like these seem to be cropping up a lot worryingly. And so close to Christmas.

My thoughts and prayers are to the families of those killed or traumatised by the event.