1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Sorry Rowlfy and Ozy. Nothing more than condolences can I offer, but been there, done that, it sucked...hope each of you get through your respective hurts...

Snowth? I would froggin' KILL for 74 right now. Been up to 80 every day for weeks.
    ------------
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

A little over 24 hours to write a 5-page History paper on Plato that I haven't started. Let's do this.
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no idea where my chemistry textbook is and I am praying I left it someplace dumb in my dorm and didn't lose it somewhere in school, considering I rented the book from the bookstore :eek:
  4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Family arguments. :( Can't my sister and Dad just get along for once?
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Sorry Ozy. My sister always picks fights with my parents and they are the worst. Hopefully your family can patch things up soon.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The temps have dropped down into the 60s... I'll take 60s over 70s any time, but it's still too warm for this time of year.
  7. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I don't have a sore throat anyomre, but I am so stuffed up and I don't know if it is me or I am losing my sense of smell. (sighs) I don't like colds. They're miserable! :sigh:
  8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I think you and I need to start some sort of sister-and-parents-won't-stop-fighting club. My sister tends to exagerate past arguments and make it so that she's the victim and never wrong, and my parents believe that what they have done to raise her is right and won't readily admit to times when their conduct wasn't exactly the best or the most tactful. Honestly, if I could do the events of the past four years over again I would have said "We clearly can't work this out amongst ourselves and we need help" and dragged them all to individual and family counselling.
  9. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

It sounds a lot like my sister and mother there. My sister is too stubborn to ever admit that she might be wrong, and my mother either decides to dig in on something or feel bad and buy my sister's favor. They don't have a healthy relationship, and probably do need some counseling. It's hard to watch, but hopefully someday they'll realize that. I hope your family can patch things up soon. :sympathy:
  11. D'Snowth

Same as yesterday. While 60s is certainly better than 70s, it's still not appropriate for this time of year.
  12. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Man, the list of celebrities that died this year never seems to quit. Throw Dave Brubeck on the pile, just short of his 92nd birthday.

Jazz giant. Plain and simple.

For the longest time, some people were led to believe the opening musical sequence to Sesame Street's "Jazzy Triangle" clip was Brubeck's "Take Five". It wasn't, but certainly inspired by it.

Keith Emerson took Brubeck's "Blue Rondo a la Turk", changed it to 4/4 time, renamed it "Rondo" , and the piece became a staple of his 60's group The Nice, and the encore song whenever Emerson, Lake, and Palmer got together. Saw them back in '92, nothing short of incredible showmanship.

Now Brubeck and Vince Guaraldi can have piano duets in heaven.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

No, colds are never fun, especially ones where you're stuffed up. I absolutely hate that as well. At least, you don't have a sore throat now though, I guess. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Ooh, really sorry to hear that, Muppetgirl. I really hope that the bullying decreases for you soon. Though if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to shoot me a PM.
  14. D'Snowth

I don't know what they did, but deviantART somehow bypassed adblockers, because I'm seeing ads throughout their site again, and I haven't changed any of the settings on AdFender.
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I don't see any ads :o
  16. D'Snowth

Okay, I figured out what the problem is...

It's not something that's exclusively a problem to dA, the problem is with the specific ads themselves, in this case, googleads *Once again refrains from Google rant on behalf of Sarge*
  17. D'Snowth

Same old still. 60s is better than 70s, but still inappropriate for this time of year.
  18. D'Snowth

STILL the same. :rolleyes:
  19. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

The Ichthus Music Festival is shutting down. It's a Christian music festival that's been around for 42 years and I've been going to for a couple years. It holds so many memories and I'm so sad to see it go like this.
  20. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Ugh! I still have a stuffy nose, my throat is hurting again includes coughing and now... my voice is hoarse. Oh, I don't like getting sick. Not only does it stink, it makes me feel so bad.