1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Ozzy. *hug*
  2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

It's ok, it's just going to be rough for me over the next few days. Pray for me please. Pray for him too, that God will guide him in life to wherever he needs to go.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

4. Ozymandias

^ It's ok.

Frown today because I had a grand total of five hours of sleep last night and I feel like I've been run over with a semi. DX
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I do believe I just BOMBED my chemistry test...
  6. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

7. BooberGypsy

BooberGypsy Member

=\ I just found out my friends husband has cancer and it's terminal.
  8. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

That's terrible. I'm sorry for your friend and her husband. :(
  9. BooberGypsy

BooberGypsy Member

Thank you Mayhem. I guess they've known for a year now. She's kept quiet about it, I don't think she wants to accept it just yet. I know he was given six months to live and that was a year ago. I am holding out hope for them.
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about that. Hopefully your friend's last months can be quiet and peaceful.
    BooberGypsy likes this.
  11. Pinkflower7783

I am so sorry to hear that...

And Sarge sorry to you too.
    BooberGypsy likes this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Very sad to hear it, BooberGypsy. Hope that you, your friend and her husband and the entire family can stay strong through all of this.
    BooberGypsy likes this.
  13. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Rambling professors who won't shut up. Geez, in Keyboarding class I need to leave the room to go use the bathroom and get a drink of water or something because I can't stand listening to the professor squacking as if we've never used MS Word before. And don't even get me started on my Journalism professor who keeps rambling for 10 minutes after class is over about undercovered news stories that barely have anything to do with class. Can't wait for this semester to end. :rolleyes:
  14. Pinkflower7783

I hope I'm not getting sick. ><
  15. Ozymandias

God can and does still work miracles. I'll be praying for you guys. *hugs*
    Hubert likes this.
  16. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

My band teacher yelled at me (and my clarinet section) today for messing up on a song (He's always neurotic around this time because it's only one week until our winter concert.....then again, he's neurotic every other week. He's also a perfectionist, which is also a big issue.). I, personally as first chair clarinet, felt so embarrassed and upset especially with the pressure being taken on me. I was crying for the following two periods after that's how upset I was. I mean, I love playing clarinet, just as much as piano and singing, and I'm pretty strong at it.......but that moment today just made me question my true ability and dedication as a clarinetist, and my trust in him. Am I trying too hard to impress someone, or am I not trying hard enough? :cry: And my dad found out, too (because he works at my school), and is thinking very hard about pulling me and my sister out of band (If that happens, I still have chorus to fall back on.) but I don't wanna give up playing clarinet. I've come this far and don't wanna give it up now.
  17. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

*hugs MissMusical* If you love playing clarinet, keep doing and practicing. Don't let that a bad day bring you down.
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Ok, that's your problem. You SHOULD NOT be playing an instrument to impress ANYONE. You need to be playing it because it is something you enjoy doing...
    CaseytheMuppet and MissMusical12 like this.
  19. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

And I do enjoy playing clarinet a lot. I've been thinking about the situation for a bit now. And I'm realizing that truth too, now. I love playing clarinet because I enjoy doing it and I've been playing it for years. I just don't like the pressure my band teacher is putting me and my fellow clarinetists on. :(
  20. BooberGypsy

BooberGypsy Member

Thank you. I too believe that and thank you for the prayers. You can never has to many of those ^.^

And thank you everyone for your kind words. They mean a lot.

I agree with Sgt Floyd MissMusical. Play for yourself and yourself only! If you try to impress it takes the fun right out of it! I hope things get better for you!