What made you angry today?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I've never been outside the US before... When I make it to where I need to go in life I'll visit there and live there... By the way, where would you recommended me to live in the UK since you've been there?
Well, I guess it's up to you. I honestly wouldn't mind living there for a year or so. Eventually I would miss seeing my family on a regular basis tho.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Second week of the new semester, and already there's a research paper due. I HATE research papers!

Any Del

Reaction score
Well, that's what college does. Embrace it. I'm halfway in my second semester and I had to do research papers. Its no fun but if you want that degree, in order to be what you be, do what your told seen?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If you want to talk about deadlines, demands, and commitments...

Back in the 90's I took a few evening courses at the Joe Kubert Art School. This is an institute where graduates go on to work for comics- Marvel, DC, Disney, etc.
One of my professors, Mike Chen, drew for The Muppets when they had a daily strip.
Even just taking one course, I was pulling a few all-nighters a week.

For the full time students, the demands were greater. The advantage was the teacher/student ratio was 1:8. Very small classes, so you got a lot of attention. But homework was intense. It was a three year course, having a job was out, having a social life was out, it was three years of boot camp.
Because they knew if you wanted to draw for the comics, draw the next (for then) Swamp Thing or X-Men, you better get ready because the competition is gonna be cutthroat. And you need that discipline because you gotta compete like you can't believe to survive.

Mike Chen once told us something Chuck Jones's instructor told him.
"You have about a hundred thousand crappy drawings in you. The sooner you get them out of the way, the better off you'll be. Then you can get serious".

If you want to succeed in anything, get ready to put the time in.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The worst thing you can possibly go through is having to wait for your degree to come in the mail. :smirk: