What is your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft shows?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What do you mean sad to admit? It may have been cheesy (like all their work), but it was one of their better shows, IMO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what I wanna check out? Those live action Filmation action shows from the 1970's. They actually look quite good. I've seen a couple of the live action Ghost Busters episodes, though. Pretty funny stuff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I wanna check out? Those live action Filmation action shows from the 1970's. They actually look quite good. I've seen a couple of the live action Ghost Busters episodes, though. Pretty funny stuff.
There's some clips of Uncle Croc's Block on YouTube.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. That show really was amazing. Too bad all I ever saw of it was Wacky and Packy (which isn't really that funny... but then again, the DVD I bought that had them on it had multiple problems anyway)... I did see some Fraidy Cats, which were remarkably better (and I'm guessing the first time of MANY where Filmation employed Alan Oppenheimer). But those live action bits are just endlessly hilarious, delightfully snarky... I wish someone would release it, live segments and all. And I wish they'd re-release Ghost Busters live action. I missed that opportunity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't understand why Charles Nelson-Reilly had such issues being on Lidsville, but not so much with Uncle Croc's Block; I heard he was difficult on the set of Lidsville because he hated the whole makeup process every day, especially during the hot summer months that show was taped during... but I'd think it'd be worse being inside a big fleecy costume suit than in makeup like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably because Uncle Croc was more of a snarky comedic show, and he got to really have fun with it... or something. Or maybe Lou was just nicer to him than the Kroffts? I dunno...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The only one I've seen more than one episode in is HR Pufnstuf, but I love it! Witchiepoo is so funny! Anyone else actaually pity her before?

Collgoff

Reaction score
Good one Dominic!
My favorite show created by the Krofft brothers is H.R. Pufinstuf.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's an interesting find on YouTube:

A TV pilot the Kroffts did some decade or so before Pufnstuf called Irving. It's interesting, to say the least, not sure if it was series-potential.