What is up with these DISTURBING commercials, lately?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate how flash looks on television, except for shows like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Well... Craig McCracken's style was always very simplistic and cheap-looking anyway.

Truth is, though, Flash CAN look good if someone actually puts time, effort, and even heart and soul into whatever it is they're working on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... Craig McCracken's style was always very simplistic and cheap-looking anyway.
Fosters is an example that GOOD and even fluid flash animation can exist. A lot of it looks just like really sped up internet animation to me, and it doesn't translate well to a half hour long show. I mean, there are flash cartoons online that have VERY fluid animation giving them a squash and stretch of old cel cartoons... but with the aid of technology to end any hiccups. There are shows that I think CAN get away with a flat flash look, like WordGirl... considering the animation studio once was called "Squigglevision" (Dr. Katz, Home Movies' first seasons, Science Court)...

EGAD! It's Senior Cardgauge!

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
It's come to my attention that we are at a point where you can not see a commercial for a single product where someone on it is not being a complete and total jerk. I just cringe at nearly every commercial when ever there's a break.
yeah, like my friend pointed out; what's up with the commercial where the burger king steals a mcdonald's breakfast sandwich? and then admits that the sandwich isn't original? that's just plain... TERRIBLE! what does that teach kids watching TV? :boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
yeah, like my friend pointed out; what's up with the commercial where the burger king steals a mcdonald's breakfast sandwich? and then admits that the sandwich isn't original? that's just plain... TERRIBLE! what does that teach kids watching TV? :boo:
Cuz fast food places NEVER copy themselves for competitive edge. At least they admitted it. Seems like every time McD's releases the Fish sandwich, everyone else does for like 4 weeks (Lent, I guess?)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This isn't quite disturbing persay, but there is some clever wordplay with double-meaning with Green M&M's election campaign as she explains to her publicists that "it's all about working the polls".

Drtooth

Reaction score
This isn't quite disturbing persay, but there is some clever wordplay with double-meaning with Green M&M's election campaign as she explains to her publicists that "it's all about working the polls".
Well.. there is ALWAYS that old wives tale about green M&M's. And Cree Summer does a VERY hot voice over for her... especially she's the same woman that gave us the voice of Elmyra on Tiny Toons.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The Dockers commercial with the men singing about their lack of pants.

Disturbing beyond words.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And you guys think our commercials are disturbing? International commercials are even worse, because America's like the ONLY country that's so patsy about certain things we can see on TV.

I've seen an international commercial that featured a man in his living room, watching a nature show, while his body language indicated he was jerking off to it... even when his girlfriend walked in, she was disgusted by what she saw, and left the room in a huff... a pan out showed the guy wasn't masturbating at all, but rather pumping air into his bicycle tire. There's a Spanish ****** commercial on YouTube where a guy tries to have sex with his girlfriend when her parents walk in; he quickly pops the ****** into his mouth, and blows it up for them, acting like he's simply chewing bubblegum.

EDIT: Are you serious we can't say c o n d o m?