What is the Koozebane

tikithetoo

Reaction score
What is the Koozebane and wouldn't it be better to have a backstage playset where most the action takes places.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think i even fully know what the Koozebane is, other than a planet with little aliens that Kermit reports from. I also think it's too obscure for a Playset but it seems to be a favorite with most of the really hardcore fans. It won't sell anything like the Kitchen or Mayhem stage but i'm sure they'll shift a few anyway.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Koozebane is a Muppet planet where various aliens live. Kermit reported from Koozebane several times on the show along with the Pigs in Space crew visiting there as well. Including Koozebane was the *only* way Ken could get the Reporter Kermit figure included in this line. While the playset is somewhat obscure, it should have a lot of play value (with hopefully various Muppet aliens). It will also have a look and texture that's significantly different than the other playsets.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Thanks heavens Reporter Kermit is such a strong figure that he can sell the set by himself. I didn't even remember what Koozebane was until I started watching the old episodes with my son. I'm sure many people will say, "Koozebane, what the heck is that?" but then think that the reporter Kermit is so cool and buy it anyway. :smile:

Now I can't wait to get the set and we can put our Luke, R2, C3PO and Chewie Star Wars figures on the planet with the Muppets. Now, all that's missing is Gonzo as Derth Nader (sp?).

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I also think it's too obscure for a Playset but it seems to be a favorite with most of the really hardcore fans<<<

hey, obscurity is a GOOD thing! Besides, as Ken alluded, JUST THINK how many koozebane figure we might get wiht this baby!(male and female koozebane, phoob, merdlilops, oh mannnn!)

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Luke, do you not want Koozebane to be made as a playset? It just seems from everything you've written on the subject here that you're not really in favor it. Personally I'm thrilled and dumbfounded about it. Only in my childhood imagination did I ever imagine that I would ever have figs of Koozebanians, and now it's on the way to being real! You can't ask for more than that. I'm looking forward to my Koozebane playset, and I hope despite your outlook on it that you may even want one as well.

Remember this also: this is a way to get the obscure alien characters out. This is perhaps the most obscure product in this line so far and it is in design stages now. This is a good sign for obscure fan faves to be made (it's certainly a fave of mine.) I'm very much in favor of getting this out, just as I'm in favor of Thog, a deluxe backstage playset, and a fine crop of monsters, frogs, chickens, pigs, dogs, birds and backdrops. Don't rain on the parade, it's a good thing to mix it up like this. If it were Vet's Hospital in series Five instead then we'd have no playsets left over to sustain the line. Gotta save some things for the future and put some obscure stuff out early in the interest of sustaining the line.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Koozebane playset also plays into the Pigs in Space playset before it. It increases the play factor and brings Kermit into it too. Ah..increasing play. These are action figures afterall. Sometimes I forget that. PLAY WITH IT!:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Luke, do you not want Koozebane to be made as a playset? It just seems from everything you've written on the subject here that you're not really in favor it.
Hey Dave

Personally, if i was being selfish - no - i wouldn't want a Koozebane playset, for various reasons. It doesn't interest me because it's so obscure, there are better things that could be done (though i take your point on the longetivity of keeping 'big gun' playsets back) and i think my point that it wouldn't sell like a very well known setting (like Electric Mayhem or Sweedish Chef's Kitchen) isn't all that far fetched and Palisades make less money on these playsets as it is that any unpopular one put into the big toy stores could pretty much unbalance all the chances of future playsets.

Saying that, as i also pointed out - the idea seems to be very popular with hardcore fans and so it's great for them to finally get this. I can also see the possibilitys of the different texturing, the different style compared to the other sets, the playability level and the chance to get Reporter Kermit. Therfore, yes, for the fans i certainly do want it - though i wouldn't purchase it myself.

So i was trying to be kinda balanced - maybe it worked, maybe it didn't. Lets face it though - it will come out quite far into the line, and after people have collected all the rest a large percentage of the figure fans will buy it whether they are familiar with Koozebanes or not !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Remember this also: this is a way to get the obscure alien characters out. This is perhaps the most obscure product in this line so far and it is in design stages now. This is a good sign for obscure fan faves to be made (it's certainly a fave of mine.) I'm very much in favor of getting this out, just as I'm in favor of Thog, a deluxe backstage playset, and a fine crop of monsters, frogs, chickens, pigs, dogs, birds and backdrops<<<

here here! just the fact the koozebane playset with lots of little figures was announced, Im amazed! This is really beyond cool, as who would have thought this would be coming out next year?
Im surprised some people wouldnt want it because its 'too obscure'!?!? Thats the whole point of Palisades new line of Muppet things, making th eimpossible possible. A year ago, would people have said 'too much beaker stuff, Koozebane playset is too obscure'? No, because at one time those were just dream wishes.

I mean whats next, 'oh, theyre coming out with a set of Frackles...how passe and cliche!'
How far into insanity have we gone?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I mean whats next, 'oh, theyre coming out with a set of Frackles...how passe and cliche!'
How far into insanity have we gone?
LOL (ya know you get me laughing my socks off every night nowdays !) - the thing is Cory, believe it or not - very few toy companies nowdays like to make a product that has never been heard of by a large proportion of the public. It kinda drags sales down a little !

If they can get the Koozebane out there and selling though, all power to them - it is kinda special that it will actually get made being as obscure as it is.