what is scooter?

BEAR

Reaction score
That's been a mystery. I'm not sure myself.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
In the Jim Nabors episode he said he was a Goffer.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think we had threads like this before, but it's certainly an interesting topic. I think most sources say that Scooter is human, since his uncle is human. Though I do recall a dialog between :smile: and :wink: where he said that his father was a parrot. I don't think that one ever aired on TV or in movies, so I guess that's not really accepted as part of the Muppet continuity. And of course, contrary to belief that he's a gopher, he's actually a 'go-fer.' So it's his job description not his species. So I'm going to go with human, unless anybody says otherwise.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
And of course, contrary to belief that he's a gopher, he's actually a 'go-fer.' So it's his job description not his species.

I agree with this. People do get that confused a lot.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
I would says he's certainly humanoid, but he doesn't look like the other human characters on TMS. J.P., Statler and Waldorf, George, Chef all look pretty close to realistic humans. Then there are those characters who defy description like Scooter, Janice, Floyd, Zoot, Teeth, Bunsen, etc. I guess there are two different type of human Muppets. I try to just think of them all as Muppets with no real species.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Scooter is Scooter. What more do you need to know? :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
We also need to know that he's the apple of many forum members' eyes, bless him.

The line was that his mother was a parrot, but they didn't know about his father. And I think it was supposed to be a private, in-between tapings joke between Jim and Richard, so it's probably not canon.
If you want my opinion, I think Scooter might be part Fraggle, and in another thread I commented that he could be related to Gobo. There did seem to be a passing resemblance between them, at least to me, anyway.

But however you slice it, you're right, GonzoLeaper: Scooter is Scooter.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
If you want my opinion, I think Scooter might be part Fraggle
You know, two of my friends on separate occasions noted that he looked like a Fraggle. So it's not so far fetched, perhaps he is part Fraggle, hehe.