What is Scooter?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Have we ever seen Scooter's parrents?

I would assume (since scooter's last name is not Gross). J.P. is Scooter's (and Skeeter's) Mother's brother. We have no clue what Scooter's dad looked like. :wink:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Have we ever seen Scooter's parrents?

I would assume (since scooter's last name is not Gross). J.P. is Scooter's (and Skeeter's) Mother's brother. We have no clue what Scooter's dad looked like. :wink:
They don't know about Scooter's father. It was during the war :wink:

-Kim

caper

Reaction score
Didn't Scooter once said that he is half bird??

And what creature is Beauregard??? He is definitely not a humanoid. Same goes with Beaker??

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I think as a loose rule, that any Muppet that is a definate animal (with the exception of Piggy) must be naked. Kermit, Rowlf, Fozzie, Camilla, Sam... all butt naked. Bunsen, Beaker, Janice, Floyd, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, even Gonzo (because he's not an animal)... like people, they're not walking the streets naked... although, that might be really funny. :eek:

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
I believe I read online that Jim Henson & Richard Hunt were ad-libbing backstage and Kermit asked Scooter, "So, what are you anyway?" and Scooter said something like his mother was a bird, but he didn't know about his dad. I'm pretty sure the source of this was the old book "Of Muppets and Men." I thought I still had my copy, but I haven't been able to locate it.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Tim Kelly said:
I believe I read online that Jim Henson & Richard Hunt were ad-libbing backstage and Kermit asked Scooter, "So, what are you anyway?" and Scooter said something like his mother was a bird, but he didn't know about his dad. I'm pretty sure the source of this was the old book "Of Muppets and Men." I thought I still had my copy, but I haven't been able to locate it.
Yeah, that is from "Of Muppets and Men". Sadly, I do not have my copy with me because I am at college, but as I recall, Scooter told Kermit that his mother was a parrot and they were not sure about his father. I am guessing that his father was probably human though - Scooter must have had a human parent if JP Gross is really his uncle.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So Scooter's dad was human and his mom was a bird and they had Scooter?

Eew

caper

Reaction score
I think as a loose rule, that any Muppet that is a definate animal (with the exception of Piggy) must be naked.

Could you explain Rizzo and Beauregard then?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
caper said:
I think as a loose rule, that any Muppet that is a definate animal (with the exception of Piggy) must be naked.

Could you explain Rizzo and Beauregard then?
Rizzo originally was always naked on the Muppet show. I am not exactly sure if Beauraguard is an animal. But I think that it is a good thing that he does where clothing - can you imagine how different he would look if he went around naked! He would definately not be the same - it would be very strange.

Although, technically I do not agree with the assumption that all Muppet animals are naked -even Kermit wears that spiffy collar. I think it just depends on the style of the character and what looks best in terms of design.