What improvements would you have made to The Muppets Film 2012 (spoilers)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just adding in the scene where Tex explains his hate for the Muppets would do it for me.

And quite honestly, this really SHOULD have been 2 hours long.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
  1. More Muppets in 'Pictures In My Head' (also, in my heart of hearts, I wish that song were longer)
  2. Rizzo and Gonzo... Need I say more?
  3. An Electric Mayhem number
  4. Muppets on bicycles at some point would have been lovely
yes a rizzo and gonzo but if that a rizzo and pepe joke of some sort there funny together :shifty::rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is a tiny thing but I don't think Camilla needed subtitles, lol. They could have done it differently and still be effective, plus a little kid in the audience kept asking his Mom, "What did the chicken say?" Lol

Puckrox

Reaction score
This is a tiny thing but I don't think Camilla needed subtitles, lol. They could have done it differently and still be effective, plus a little kid in the audience kept asking his Mom, "What did the chicken say?" Lol
Yeah. I got the joke, that she only clucked twice and she said this big long thing, but I would've liked no subtitles better.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I wish they could put it on the dvd like a Extra like the smurf christmas on the smurfs dvd it could be Kermit :smile: introducing Walter to all of idols muppets that he hasnt met yet

blackaerin

Reaction score
Pictures in My Head reprised near the end, this time more hopeful and triumphant than sad and regretful in the original.
(More Muppets in the original song would've been lovely as well, just a whole hall of singing Muppet portraits.)

Definitely a proper Electric Mayhem number.

The band being picked up first rather than Animal, and Floyd would argue with the anger management lady on what's best for Animal.

Have the rats be part of Gonzo's company, with Rizzo being his #2 guy. I find tiny little rats bossing around humans funny and Rizzo would probably be alongside Camilla in helping Gonzo make his decision to return to showbiz if a little begrudging.

Bunsen and Beaker save the day when Tex cuts the power lines. I'm pretty sure it's perfectly in character for Bunsen to donate a radioactive potato battery or put together a treadmill generator as Puppet crazy has suggested to power the theater temporarily.

And have the full Richman rap and maybe a scene to properly explain his inability to laugh and why he's against the Muppets.

The Moopets have a proper villainous role. They didn't do very much besides glare angrily and scare the bejeezus out of Fozzie. Before watching the movie, I theorized that they would kidnap the Muppets they look like and impersonate them during the marathon and try to sabotage the show. Of course, this being the Muppets, their attempts actually end up helping the show and make it funnier.

A nice quiet scene with Kermit and Robin talking together, just Kermit trying to be optimistic for the success of the show and Robin reassuring him that everything will be great now that everyone's together and it ends with the two of them just watching everyone work.

More Muppet interactions in general and being their zany selves.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the movie and loved how it tied in with the continuity of the Muppet Show series rather than being stand alone like most Muppet Movies usually are.

However while we did see small cameos by characters like Pepe and Big Mean Carl and Bobo's role was excellent too, it would have been nice to at least had some token references in recognition of the short lived revival attempt Muppets Tonight. Would Gary and Walter have enjoyed that even if they preferred the original Muppet Show?

Though there is one scene where a building is seen with the KMUP banner next to Tex's building. A loose homage to the old Muppet Television Studio?

Drtooth

Reaction score
However while we did see small cameos by characters like Pepe and Big Mean Carl and Bobo's role was excellent too, it would have been nice to at least had some token references in recognition of the short lived revival attempt Muppets Tonight. Would Gary and Walter have enjoyed that even if they preferred the original Muppet Show?
I'm probably the ONLY person here that's not begrudging the lack of newer characters, only because we had Rowlf and Scooter as something besides background characters standing there to say "nostalgia." Rizzo has been a huge part of the last 3 theatrical features, but it wasn't even until MTM when Rizzo actually became more of a character. In GMC, he had like 2 lines... I don't even know if he was a character when TMM was filmed. I would like to have seen more Gonzo screentime, but those were obviously in the deleted bits. The fact he contributes to the ending's punchline is the only reason I forgive his smaller role. And you gotta admit, at least there was a nice allegory for the fact they were trying to reinvent Gonzo in the 90's, so he doesn't do anything Gonzo-like. We all love him more when he's doing stupid crazy stunts.

A nice quiet scene with Kermit and Robin talking together, just Kermit trying to be optimistic for the success of the show and Robin reassuring him that everything will be great now that everyone's together and it ends with the two of them just watching everyone work.
Here's the thing about Robin. His biggest movie role was in MCC... his second biggest was The Muppet Movie where he asked Uncle Kermit if this was exactly how the Muppets met. Like I said, I can't begrudge a film for not having certain characters, especially characters who never had big roles in a movie anyway. I agree we needed a full Electric Mayhem number (and we were going to get one under one pass of the script), but the fact they actually sang a line is an improvement over the last 3 theatrical films. Heck, last line Dr. Teeth said in a theatrical film was "Shalom" and you never see them again.

But you figure... a LOT of the characters in the film were NOT in any of the original films. And even if they were, they were background characters. Link had some lines in a song... we saw Wayne and Wanda... surely we can forgive a couple absentees for some old school characters that got their first substantial screen time.

Overall, there's nothing wrong with the film that couldn't have been solved with more movie. More Muppet interaction, more characters, a stronger ending... if the film was 2 hours (which it should have been) it would have had all of it. It doesn't severely need it, but the major scenes that were cut were indeed more Muppet interactions (the jail sequence, the awards show, a rehearsal scene).

The improvement that needs to be made for the next film is that they need a story they can tell in 60 minutes, leaving at least 30 minutes for Muppet Wackiness.