What if they had a Muppet Network?

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I stopped by my parent's one day and my mom was watching the Game Show Channel. I couldn't believe it. Today I was thinking they have a History Channel, a Cooking Channel, a Fashion Channel, even a home decorating channel. What if they had a Muppet Network? Wouldn't that be awesome? All Muppets, all the time.

In the morning, the kiddies could watch Bear, Hoobs, Sesame Street, Fraggles

In the evening, the Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, Jim Henson Hour.

Feature films, of course of Muppet Movies, and maybe on very rare occassions they would play The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.

That would be the basis of old programming (like in the Game Show Channel) Let's fantacize that Henson hired you to produce/direct/creative consult a brand new muppet show of your own. What would yours be?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I'm not sure what my show idea would be, but I would tooooootally go for a Muppet network!

*sigh*

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Only one catch: Not enough programming to make up a 24/7 channel.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
That's why I asked what kind of new programming we could come up with.

For instance, in another thread I mentioned a show centered around Mahna Mahna in a muppety world inhabited by Snowths and those pointy head guys.

And what about an Electric Mayhem video show. We've already got a video from Weezer (Wheezer?) That's 5 more minutes than we had last week. Then we could have a making of the Weezer video for another hour.

Okay so I'm a dreamer. So all I need is lovers and at least one more dreamer, and Kermit.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Only one catch: Not enough programming to make up a 24/7 channel.
Well, that's only for the non-obsessive Muppet fan. I don't think any of us here would mind seein' everything Muppety onscreen 24/7! :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Don't forget things like:

In the Morning:
Wubbulous World of Dr. Suess
Mother Goose Tales
Muppet Babies (I know I know, but someone was going to post it)
The Ghost of ???? Hall
The Animal Show

In the Afternoon and Evenings:

Space Brats of the Lost Nebula
Dinosaurs
Alien in the Family

Plus all the specials and Creature shop movies.

There's enough for a start at least

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah, see? I think it could make it 24/7---especially with all the YEEEEEEEEEEEEEARS of SS there is!

Hmmmm...and what about interviews with fans and such, a "MuppetFest" special, all kinds of new behind-the-scenes things, "Catching Up With Muppeteers"---all kindsa good original Muppety stuff pertainin' to the classic years. :smile:

Foreignman

Reaction score
I think their is enough programing to make it a 24/7 network, what would you think of a schedule like this?

Morning
7:00 AM-Bear in the Big Blue House
7:30 AM-Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories
8:00 AM-Sesame Street (this way between 7:00 AM and 10:00 AM, Sesame Street is always on the air whether it's on PBS, or The Muppet Network
9:00 AM-The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
10:00 AM-Bear in the Big Blue House
10:30 AM-Mopatop's Shop
11:00 AM-Construction Site
11:30 AM-The Hoobs
12:00 PM-Jim Henson's Animal Show with Stinky and Jake
12:30 PM-The Ghost of FaffnerHall
1:00 PM-Sam and Friends
1:30 PM-Secret Life of Toys
Afternoon
2:00 PM-Muppet Babies
2:30 PM-Muppet Babies
3:00 PM-Fraggle Rock
3:30 PM-Fraggle Rock
4:00 PM-Afternoon Special (Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas, The Tale of Bunny Picnic, The Muppets musicians of Bremen, The Frog Prince, Hey Cinderella, Jim Henson's the Christmas Toy, Tales of the Tinkerdee, Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree, Kermit's Swamp Years, Sesame Street: 20 years and counting)
Night
5:00 PM-Dinosaurs
5:30 PM-Mondays-Aliens in the Family
Tuesdays-City Kids
Wednesdays-Dog City
Thursdays-Family Rules
Fridays-The Fearing Mind
Saturday-Fraggle Rock (animated series)
Sunday-The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
6:00 PM-Jim Henson's Greek Myth's
7:00 PM-The Muppet Show
7:30 PM-Muppets Tonight
8:00 PM-Muppets Tonight
8:30 PM-The Muppet Show
9:00 PM-Farscape
10:00 PM-Special (The Muppets on Puppets, Valentine Special, Sex and Violence, The Muppets go Hollywood, The Muppets go to the movies, John Denver and the Muppets: a christmas together, a celebration of 30 years, a Muppet Family Christmas, The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, The Muppets at Walt Disney World, Of Muppets and Men, youth '68, The Cube, Jim Henson Presents, The Jim Henson Hour: assorted episodes)
11:00 PM-The Muppet Show
11:30 PM-Muppets Tonight
12:00 PM-I think that from 12:00 PM-7:00 PM it would be nice to just have Muppet Music with calm Muppet Pictures in the backround, sort of an all-Muppet radio station for your television.

On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays I would have Henson films (Muppet Films, films the Henson family has worked on, and film the creature shop have worked on. The FILMS would start at 7, run till 9, and all the regular programing would start again at 9 and run until 2:00 AM on these nights. What do y'all think of this schedule? Sounds like a dream to me...

radionate

Reaction score
and Dog City and Little Muppet Monsters.

Plus Muppets Tonight? Did anyone meantion that yet?