What if Sesame Workshop and Barbie teamed up?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I mean it what if they created special 40th anniversary Barbie dolls centered around the adult character and seperated Barbie and "Insert Sesame Street Character" packages ?

I mean I can almost see Barbie as most of the adult Sesame Street women over the years, but I can find a problem when it comes to making a Barbie/ Oscar doll.

What do you all think of it ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The idea of a Mr. Hooper Barbie is as intriguing as it is strange. I'm curious.

Honestly, I would like to see a Caroll Spinney figure with a Big Bird costume that could be snapped on. that could be interesting. :wisdom:

Redsonga

Reaction score
The idea of a Mr. Hooper Barbie is as intriguing as it is strange. I'm curious.

Honestly, I would like to see a Caroll Spinney figure with a Big Bird costume that could be snapped on. that could be interesting. :wisdom:
Meh, I think that would be a bad idea :stick_out_tongue:. Even at twenty-five I still like to think of them as two different people , not just a muppet skin and an actor:frown:. That is as sad an idea to me as having a fraggle with a hole in its' booty and a human being doll along with it with a flexible arm attachment..No thank you :eek:! Toys are much better as pure imagination IMHO ^.^.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it's an interesting idea, Barbie does stuff like that all the time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why not. After all, Fisher Price is owned by Mattel now, and Sesame Street is under their license.

I swore I saw a TMX Elmo Barbie (which was bsaically Barbie with an Elmo T-shirt and a TMX Elmo key Chain) before... I think they'd be able to do something else like that for the 40th anniversary.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Yea... they did make a TMX Elmo Barbie. Not sure, but i dont think it was a key chain. More like a stuffed plush for Barbie... but they made the plush the same size as the keychain version. So, you could be right, but i dont recall it being the keychain ver.

I thought this idea was silly till Frogboy came up with his Caroll/B. Bird idea. Good idea. It would almost be in scale to the muppet figures too. If sweetums wasn't cheated that is. So yea i'd invest in a Caroll IF he came with a B. Bird costume.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Hmm...Oscar meets Barbie...

You know how he always used to address Maria as "Skinny" - i can see him doing the same to Barbie only calling her "Anorexie"!

I could see a situation on SST where an adult overhears Oscar telling Irvine he bought her some new Barbie toys and getting excited - "OSCAR! Never in a million years would I ever have imagined a grouch playing with Barbie Dolls" Oscar: "No not Barbie Dolls - Barbie Wires! If you must know i just got Irvine the Barbie Nightmare Dumpster for her birthday!"

When i was a real little kid i used to think Barberella (which was pretty big at the time - i loved the name and how it sounded) was a "grown-ups" version of Barbie. (and in some ways that was actually quite accurate)

Kiki

Reaction score
Didn't they make a Barbie doll with Elmo stuff during the release of the Tickel Me Elmo TMX? I have to admit, I was tempted to get one...