What if Sesame Street was ANIMATED ?

Erine81981

Reaction score
That's interesting. Would it involve traditional 2D animation or CGI?
I would say that usually 2D animation. I would like it to be at least the type of drawings you see in the Sesame Street Library sets. I can't think of the guy who does most of the art work but that's the kind of art i would like with the show.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'd like 2D animation as well. It's classic and deserves a quality return, other than being in anime, [adult swim] drivel, and web comics by the likes of Eric W. Schwartz (ex: his Flip the Frog series). I mean, why does 2D animation have to be reduced to shows by the Japanese, drivel that's insulting (ex: Boondocks, Minoriteam, and others), and flash-esque cartoons that are risque (Regarding the last one--given Kermit & Piggy and Gonzo & Camilla--I can understand inter-species relations on some level, but they don't need to...um...go overboard like Flip & Clarisse do)? The point to be be noted is the following question: Considering all the above, does 2D animation have credibility anymore?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say it would wind up looking a lot like the "channel" segments of Elmo's world... and while I really like it, I don't think that would work for a full half hour show. And I reiterate, an animated SS NEEDS to have all sorts of styles... Blocky, rounded, realistic... blocky realistic (i.e. Bruce Timm stykle), stop motion, CGI.... it would really emulate the different styles and textures and flavors of the show...

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'd say it would wind up looking a lot like the "channel" segments of Elmo's world... and while I really like it, I don't think that would work for a full half hour show. And I reiterate, an animated SS NEEDS to have all sorts of styles... Blocky, rounded, realistic... blocky realistic (i.e. Bruce Timm stykle), stop motion, CGI.... it would really emulate the different styles and textures and flavors of the show...
Bingo! One thing that sets Sesame Street apart from other kids' shows with animation, is that not every animated segment uses the same style. (Anybody got a letter T? :smile: Moving right along...) Granted, the Workshop does produce two shows (Sagwa and Dragon Tales) which use only 2-D animation by the same artists. But those shows last only half an hour, and include two unrelated 15-minute stories each; I think Sesame Workshop producers know that a full hour of animation in the same style, focused on the same story and characters, would not hold preschoolers' attention very long.

wiley207

Reaction score
What animation studio would produce it? I think DiC Entertainment could be up to the task.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What animation studio would produce it? I think DiC Entertainment could be up to the task.
GAHHHH! Dic's new Korean studio is ATTROCIOUS! I wouldn't want them near anything interesting or good until they spend the extra money and get Rough Draft or Toon City. Plus, DIC hasn't had any good cartoons since the 90's, with a few spotty ones here and there (Sushi Pack WOULD have been gold, had they not bludgeon us over the head with the same morals over and over, to fit a TV EI requirement to get it on TV- after all, some people behind Animaniacs are behind it).

Plus, I do not wanna see Elmo as a random secret agent and having his voice done in Canada....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think Sesame Workshop producers know that a full hour of animation in the same style, focused on the same story and characters, would not hold preschoolers' attention very long.
Then again, it depends on the child and what they are exposed to. Heck, many of us grew up on TMS, FR, and MB when we were wee ones and yet we never let them lose our attention.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Maybe I should restate my original question...

What if Sesame Street was fully animated, just for 1 show/ tv special in celebration of the 40th anniversary ?

Is that a little better ?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
For one show, I doubt it would matter, but if it were permenant, then we could have problems, as noted.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
But then again, some of the recent projects have been good (ex: WordGirl).
Uh I realize that. And that's my point.

There are too many animated kids shows in the first place so why add another or even think about making SS totally animated.