What if Sesame Street was ANIMATED ?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is...

Remember during the Elmo's World 35th anniversary special "The Street We live on," and that they showed Sesame Street animated...

Well what if that was a Full-hour show?

I mean think about it....fully animated/cartoon like Sesame Street cast on an original storyline idea.

What do you all say to that ? :insatiable:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That would certainly be unique, but would it work? Lord knows some fans didn't care for Muppet Babies and the Fraggle Rock cartoon, and so the same fate could befall a Sesame Street cartoon.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I doubt that an animated version of Sesame Street would keep viewers for very long. Live-action scenes--on the street itself, and in the outside world with ordinary people--make Sesame Street feel like home; a show done only with cartoons or claymation loses much of that you-are-here realism.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. This is why that--outside of MB--cartoons with the Muppet characters didn't fare well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I doubt that an animated version of Sesame Street would keep viewers for very long. Live-action scenes--on the street itself, and in the outside world with ordinary people--make Sesame Street feel like home; a show done only with cartoons or claymation loses much of that you-are-here realism.
Agreed. it may have been as successful as Arthur, which has been on since 96... but I doubt they would have held 40 years with animation alone. Why SS works they way it does is because it's a stew pot of different media... animation, puppetry, live action, and lord knows what else. It kept the show full of surprises, even in the tightly regulated state it is now.

Though, I would say, a special or something that was animated would be cute... but to keep to the tradition of SS, it SHOULD be a consortium of different animation styles and techniques. One has to be semi-realistic...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. The Street is best when it's a mix of mediums.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is...

Remember during the Elmo's World 35th anniversary special "The Street We live on," and that they showed Sesame Street animated...

Well what if that was a Full-hour show?

I mean think about it....fully animated/cartoon like Sesame Street cast on an original storyline idea.

What do you all say to that ? :insatiable:

It would be a dumb idea especially since most PBS shows are animated.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But then again, some of the recent projects have been good (ex: WordGirl).

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now i know it wouldn't have gone over 40 years but how about a spin off? Like a "The Sesame Street Adventures." I wouldn't mind seeing a 30 minute amimated show with some of the older characters.

Main Characters: Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Snuffy, Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster, Herry, Grover, The Count, Prarie Dawn, Zoe and Elmo.

Supporting Characters: Kermit the Frog, Don Music, Barkey, Guy Smiley, Slimey the Worm, Roxie Marie, Betty Lou, Sherlock Hemlock, Farley, Frazzle, Anything Muppets, Anything Muppet Monsters, Grungetta, Grouches, Hoots the Owl, The Bear Family, Alice Snuffleupagus, etc.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's interesting. Would it involve traditional 2D animation or CGI?