What if Muppets at Walt Disney World had SS characters?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I started wondering... what if characters from Sesame Street appeared in The Muppets at Walt Disney World? What do you think they should have done? They had previously appeared in A Muppet Family Christmas from a few years earlier, and made cameos in the Muppet movies. Then again, I think this special might have been meant to welocme The Muppets into The Walt Disney Company (as Jim Henson was planning on selling them to Disney at that point), and the Sesame Street characters weren't going to be included in the deal, so it might have been odd for them to be in the special.

There are many possibilities. I don't think that the Sesame Street cast should have been with the main cast (I don't think Sesame Workshop would want the SS cast to be seen breaking into the theme park), but Grover could have been working there, selling food at a food stand, working at a resturaunt, or being in charge of a ride (and maybe being unable to pull a lever to get it to stop), Cookie Monster could have bought a cookie from a food stand (maybe a Mickey Mouse-shaped cookie, if those existed/ exist), or he could have eaten some of the rides, Bert and Ernie could have been in line ofr one of the rides or attractions that some of the TMS muppets were either waiting in line for or leaving, or Barkly could have been in the pet detention hall with Rowlf and other dogs.

Other ways that the cast in general could have been used: They could have all been seen waiting in line, they could have been riding a ride that the other Muppets rode, or they could have made a cameo in the closing song. I could picture Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Herry Monster, The Count, Elmo, Prairie Dawn, Telly, Biff, Sully, Hoots, Gladys, and maybe Big Bird and Oscar being there.