What Henson stuff came on Odyssey?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
For those of you who had The Odyssey Channel, which for a brief while gave so much joy to Muppet fans, what were all the Henson things that came on there? It relaunched April 4, 1999, and my cable company dropped May 1, 1999, and it didn't come back 'til January 1, 2000. So I missed out a lot for eight months.

Obviously TMS and FR were on there, but what other specials and series came on there, even if it was briefly. Did Time Piece and SS 20 ever come on there? If you have info, let me know.

Luke

Reaction score
Tomie DePaulo (or whatever it was called)
Of Muppets and Men ? (think i remember that being on there)

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
For those of you who had The Odyssey Channel, which for a brief while gave so much joy to Muppet fans, what were all the Henson things that came on there? It relaunched April 4, 1999, and my cable company dropped May 1, 1999, and it didn't come back 'til January 1, 2000. So I missed out a lot for eight months.

Obviously TMS and FR were on there, but what other specials and series came on there, even if it was briefly. Did Time Piece and SS 20 ever come on there? If you have info, let me know.
Donna's Day (had Sewdish Chef, and an special with Kermit, Beaker, and Rizzo, and Piggy's Butler)

Sex and Violence

Ghost of Faffner Hall

Muppet Babies

Fraggle Rock (both animated and puppet)

JHH 30 Min. Specials such as Dog City, Miss Piggy's Hollywood,
Song Of The Cloud Forest,etc.

Specials such as: The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, The Muppets: A Celebration Of 30 Years, The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson,and more

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All of the one-hour Muppet specials aired. From 1969's Hey Cinderella to 1990's Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. Originally, these specials were shown twice a week on Wednesday and Sunday nights, then Odyssey cut them back to once a week. By the end of 2000, the only specials they continued to air were Emmet Otter and Muppet Family Christmas during the holidays.

Odyssey's original Henson line-up is here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/1999/032599.shtml

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
:rolleyes: All of 'em. Stupid cable company. Did "Time Piece" ever air on there? I remember those Muppet commercial things they do explaining Time Piece.

And "Hey Cinderella" aired in 1970. :smile:

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Was the Odyssey Channel a chanel that specifically showed Henson/Muppet related things because it sounds exactly like the Disney Channel here in Australia they've showed most of those shows & are currently showing Muppets tonight at 12AM on weekdays & the Muppet Show on weekends but unless you look you really wouldn't know that the Disney Channel had Henson/Muppet things apart from bear in the big blue house or a movie eg.Labyrinth.
In Aus we have an Odyssey channel but its an Australian documentry channel so no muppet type thing would be on it.
Bye

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Did The Ghost Of Faffner Hall really air on Hallmark or Odyssey ?

Also, Did anyone record the specials that aired ?
Where they edited up, Or how they were originally aired ?

Thanks

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
:rolleyes: All of 'em. Stupid cable company. Did "Time Piece" ever air on there? I remember those Muppet commercial things they do explaining Time Piece.
No, Time Piece did not on Odyssey. As you mentioned, there was a 90 second behind-the-scenes promotional commercial about Time Piece. But the short never aired in it's entirety.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Did The Ghost Of Faffner Hall really air on Hallmark or Odyssey ?

Yes, all 13 episodes aired several times. It was on early Saturday mornings for nearly a year. Animated Fraggle Rock was also shown on Saturday mornings in 1999.

Also, Did anyone record the specials that aired ?
Where they edited up, Or how they were originally aired ?

Typically about two minutes were edited from an hour-long special. The John Denver specials and Santa Claus Switch didn't re-air due to copyright reasons, but all of the others were shown on Odyssey, including the two Muppet Show pilots.