What foam is this?

puppetgospel

Reaction score
Hi all, What foam (exactly?) does http://www.furrypuppet.com/ use for their work. Having a sculpturer background, I would love to make some puppets caving instead of using patterns?
Can someone point me in the right direction?
John

charlie bird

Reaction score
I recomend going to nicodemous fursuit pages.Take there maskot head carving Ideas and aply it to puppet head making.I'm not sure if I spelled it right but look it up and you will find it.

puppetgospel

Reaction score
Thanks,
Just looked at that page, but he/she doesn't specifically tell what foam. Plus looking at the foam used in that sites pictures doesn't look anywhere near the same to furrypuppet.com

charlie bird

Reaction score
I think it is is a verry high quality polly foam that is not reticulated.All I'm am sure of is it is a thick block of foam at first.
thanks

practicecactus

Reaction score
Their foam looks like regular upholstery type stuff, but I don't think anyone could tell exactly what density from pics alone. I know I read in an interview with Zack their fleece is a custom made material from a supplier, for their needs, but given they work with blocks of foam to sculpt from, I'd say it's pretty standard fare.

You could just Email them and ask. I'm sure they wouldn't mind saying what kind it is. They don't come by here much, so a direct email would be the best option.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I noticed on there page that it says foam rubber if this helps any. :confused:

davidmartiste

Reaction score
You may want to check out Lone Wolf Tribe as well: http://www.lonewolftribe.com/ They start with regular upholstery foam in block form and accomplish very smooth and intricate carvings. If you are ever in the NY area, you can take one of their workshops and get an intro to the technique.