rereleases of the Play-Along Videos

tomahawk

Reaction score
The Frog Prince
Hey, Cinderella
The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Definitely The Christmas Toy, it's long overdue.

Tales From Muppetland

Muppets Go to the Movies

Muppets Go to Disney World

The Tale of the Bunny Picnic

Muppets on 60 Minutes (though that would most likely be put as a bonus on another DVD)

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Since neither Disney nor Jim Henson Company has owned "The Great Santa Claus Switch", SOFA productions should release it on DVD or VHS for December 2008 (or maybe it's 2009).

kbug67

Reaction score
Since neither Disney nor Jim Henson Company has owned "The Great Santa Claus Switch", SOFA productions should release it on DVD or VHS for December 2008 (or maybe it's 2009).
Sofa Productions doesnt own The Great Santa Claus Switch
The Estate of Ed Sulivan still owns it.

Somebody needs to buy the rights and then release it as soon as possible
as this is a great special that should be available for all to see!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a feeling that if The Jim Henson Company owned the distribution rights to The Great Santa Claus Switch then it would have been released on video by Muppet Home Video, Jim Henson Video, and Jim Henson Home Entertainment. Muppet Home Video released all of the then-existing Muppet specials that weren't related to The Muppet Show (with obvious exceptions of Tales of the Tinkerdee and The Muppets on Puppets). The other two video lines released every christmas special owned by Henson, with the exception of Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree.

And I guess if Henson had owned the special then Nickelodeon and The Odyssey Channel would have broadcast the special during the christmas season, along with other Muppet christmas specials. But Henson never owned the distribution rights. Considering the fact that The Great Santa Claus Switch was only broadcast once, and never released on any video formats, I wonder how well it did in the ratings in it's one broadcast. I hope that there weren't any residual problems (maybe the contracts for the special only covered the first broadcast). Since Disney apparantly allowed for Rowlf to be included in The Best of the Jimmy Dean Show Volume 1, then I hope that Disney would allow for this special to be released. Disney would probably only really care about the use of Gonzo (hopefully Disney wouldn't demand that hiss cenes be cut from a DVD release), and maybe also Thog. I don't know about the other monsters.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I want to see the Dog City special, perhaps paired with a complete set of the animated series. Although I'm not sure how many episodes were produced, so I dunno how many individual DVD sets you would need to have. But whatever.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think that we'll see Fraggle Rock: Season 4, HOPEFULLY The Muppet Show: Season 3, Old School: Vol. 3, definitely. But I'd really like to see The Muppets Go to Walt Disney World, A Muppet Family Christmas, and The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson come to fruition as well.