What do you think of the Salvador Da Da & Biff skit?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
OMG! I never saw this one until I looked for it on Youtube! I like how Biff is confused, and just goes ahead and labels the paintings with the numbers 2 through 4. Then Biff gets it. He thinks the next one is Number 5, but then Salvador says to call the painting with 5 splotches number 5 is absurd. Then Biff says "Well, if it's not number 5, then what do you call it?" (Here comes the hilarious part! :smile: ) Salvador Da Da then says "I call this one CHICKEN SOUP!!!!!" (Insert funny music here)!!

I was laughing my head off at the end of this sketch!

dwmckim

Reaction score
That's basically one of my top five fave SST sketches of all time...heck for that matter it might even be tied with "Visual Thinking" for my absolute favorite.

One of Jim's all-time gut-splittingly funniest performances and the best closing tag of any SST routine.

A good friend of mine in high school and i used to have an inside joke where anytime we came across something odd or confusing, we'd mutter "Chicken soup?! What is this? I don't get it."

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I don't know why, but Jim Henson was a pure genius at this sketch. The music that was used at the end of the sketch was quite appropriate!

dwmckim

Reaction score
That whole ending was most likely very much a Jon Stone-ism.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They must've come up with that ending on the set; you can't write that.