What do you know about dreams?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, you atre not alone my friend, I too have had dreams that have me waking up and asking myself how could I dream something like that... luckily, however, those dreams seem rather very few and quite far between... in fact, I really can't remember when's the last time I've had such a dream, or what it was about, or who was involved, or where it was set, etc.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
that's good, but a few of those have stuck with me..i hate dreams like that too you can't stop thinking about em. I remember bad dreams more often than i remember good dreams..weird how that works eh?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably because the bad dreams may have more of an impact on you than good ones do... kind of like when things happen in your life, the bad experiences are etched in your mind forever, wheras the good stuff tends to fleet your memories overtime.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------------
True Snowth. Bad stuff is far easier to dwell on than good, unfortunately.

If you're having guilt dreams ("how could I do that?"), there may be unresolved issues within your mind, things you think should be "wrong", but keep in mind the dream-events might not be literal. Something you do in a dream which upon waking you feel is terrible might just be your brain's way of symbolically dealing with some other issue. Think about what each person/thing might symbolize -- and no, don't get a dream dictionary, those things are bunk! Everyone's inner symbology differs!

I moved past guilt dreams when I accepted certain things about myself. I'm rarely in control in my dreams, but they rarely leave me feeling awful anymore.
-----------------------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Newsie has a point about dwelling on things that you think should be wrong, then it slipping into your subconscience... that happens to me quite frequently for the past couple of years or so.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
ive had my share of er "bad" dreams depends on the word bad...sometimes they are so vivid i feel embarrassed to talk to certain ladies the next day

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow... and that right there just spoke volume, lol.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------
Dreamt last night that my childhood best friend (who fell out with me when I moved here, long story but that was 11 years ago) got back in touch with me...but she'd become a prim, proper, Republican sort who was dismayed at everything about me! No, it would never ever happen, even though we haven't spoken in years...but a bummer still to wake up from.

And my cat had stolen about 75% of my pillow again...
--------------------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All this talk about pathetic lunch periods in school and such has made me realize that lunch period is actually a recurring dream I have occasionally... though for some reason, the "horrors" of lunch period seem to be overly exaggerated in the dream to the point where the whole dream is more like a surreal and eerie adventure in itself: trying to get through the mile-long lunch lines, coming in contact with the evil lunch ladies, trying to find your way through the crowdedness, etc... it's almost like a cafeteria from Dinohattan.