What did Waldorf and Statler do in Oz?

HPDJ

Reaction score
What did Waldorf and Statler do in MWoO???

I'm British and haven't seen the film yet, so I really don't know. What did Waldorf and Statler do in Muppet Oz? Where they themselves? Where they playing characters (e.g. Fozzie Bear as The Lion)? And more importantly, where they heckling? If you could tell me where/when they appeared, that would be much obliged. Thanks!

rexcrk

Reaction score
There was a part where Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Thing, Lion, and Toto had to walk over a log (like a bridge) and at the other side there was Statler and Waldorf trying to make them fall off. Yes they were heckling! :boo: :sleep:

As to what they were playing, I have no idea, sorry. They played something from the original book, which I've never read.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I've read "The Wizard of Oz" by Frank L. Baum and I don't remember any characters like Statler and Waldorf's being in the book. Granted, it's been quite a few years since I've read it, but more than likely they were just invented for the movie.

BEAR

Reaction score
Weren't they just called "Critics" in the movie? Yeah, I dunno what species they were supposed to be either, but they looked like some kind of old creepy goat creatures.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
In the original book the kalidahs were viscious creatures that we're chasing them over the bridge. The joke was that statler and waldorf would tear you apart with their insults instead of their claws.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for the info, DannyRWW. I was thinking after I posted the first time that there may have been such characters in the book, but I really couldn't remember for sure. It's been quite a while since I've read that book. :smile: