What bothers me about Disney's ownership

Teheheman

Reaction score
Now, now. I'll have to admit. Laff-o-lympics WAS pretty good. At least when I was a kid, it was great, I used to wait for that show on USA, when they had those In A Minute, and the train and that type of thing. God I'm old

Daniel

BEAR

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Now, now. I'll have to admit. Laff-o-lympics WAS pretty good. At least when I was a kid, it was great, I used to wait for that show on USA, when they had those In A Minute, and the train and that type of thing. God I'm old

Daniel

Wow, me too! I was CRAZY about the Laff-o-lympics!! I looked forward to it everyday on TV, along with Yogi's Treasure Hunt (or whatever that show was with the big flying pirate ship).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Teheheman said:

Actuqally, I never got to see that one, myself. Something tells me they'd release it to DVD soon. Personnally, their best works that period were the Scooby Movies and Hong Kong Phooey.

As for Yogi's Treasure hunt... was that 70's? I thought that was 80's... I know Space Race (which I heard horrible things about) was around that time...

BEAR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Actuqally, I never got to see that one, myself. Something tells me they'd release it to DVD soon. Personnally, their best works that period were the Scooby Movies and Hong Kong Phooey.

As for Yogi's Treasure hunt... was that 70's? I thought that was 80's... I know Space Race (which I heard horrible things about) was around that time...

It was the 80s when I watched it!:sing:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Actually, speaking of DVD and Hong Kong Phooey, I heard somewhere that Hong Kong Phooey is on DVD now. Also, I think they also have Magilla Gorilla, I'll have to look it up, but I think that's right.

Daniel

BEAR

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Actually, speaking of DVD and Hong Kong Phooey, I heard somewhere that Hong Kong Phooey is on DVD now. Also, I think they also have Magilla Gorilla, I'll have to look it up, but I think that's right.

Daniel

That's right about both.

Teheheman

Reaction score
BEAR said:
That's right about both.
Woo hoo, I'm right. Somebody make sure that you get this date down because it's one of the few times I get something right lol

Daniel

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Don't forget that if they did make a new Muppet Babies series it would probably be in 3D and not the good 3D like Pixar, but cheap pastel colored, inflatable balloon type animation a lá new Care Bears. Anyone seen the new stuff they dished out with the Care Bears? *shudders* scary!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
On the subject of Magilla Gorilla, they excised the iconic "Magilla Gorilla for Sale" song!!

BJ

BradFraggle

Reaction score
What bothered me about Henson's ownership? The Jim Henson Company owned the franchise for about 20 years. But for 10 of those years they did practically nothing new with Muppet Babies and for over 5-years they were almost invisible from the public eye. Don't blame Disney for "wasting" 2-years without reviving them without also looking at the history of their hibernation.