What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm also currently reading the Jim Henson biography. I've been reading it since the beginning of last year. It's a kind of long book by itself but i've also been reading several other books at the same time like Tom Sawyer and the Heroes of Olympus series (which consists of five books that are each over 500-600 pages long). Plus, i'm just a pretty slow reader. Tom Sawyer is only about 200 pages, yet it's still taken me months to finish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funnily enough, I somehow find myself being able to go through a book quicker with a lot of short chapters, as opposed to a few long chapters. Tom Bergeron's autobiography has like nearly forty chapters, but each one is like maybe two, four, six pages long or so, so it's like you can fly through them without even trying, lol. It's like when I attempted to read the entire Bible from beginning to end with one book a day a few years ago: it practically took almost an entire day to read some of those Old Testament books because they were so long, but by the time I was winding down the New Testament, I found I could read multiple books in a single day, since some of them were so short they were barely half a page long.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread a long time ago, but I've been noticing a lot of books lately have been going the route like Brian Jay Jones's book in being really super long (ranging from 600-800 pages) and loaded with so much detail, which I find interesting because it seems like much of the public today has such an anti-book mentality that why would anyone want to pick up something 600-800 pages? But then again, I'm wondering if this might be some sort of an attempt from authors and publishers to try and get more people to buy books, as opposed to Kindles and tablets and such?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Funnily enough, I somehow find myself being able to go through a book quicker with a lot of short chapters, as opposed to a few long chapters. Tom Bergeron's autobiography has like nearly forty chapters, but each one is like maybe two, four, six pages long or so, so it's like you can fly through them without even trying, lol. It's like when I attempted to read the entire Bible from beginning to end with one book a day a few years ago: it practically took almost an entire day to read some of those Old Testament books because they were so long, but by the time I was winding down the New Testament, I found I could read multiple books in a single day, since some of them were so short they were barely half a page long.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread a long time ago, but I've been noticing a lot of books lately have been going the route like Brian Jay Jones's book in being really super long (ranging from 600-800 pages) and loaded with so much detail, which I find interesting because it seems like much of the public today has such an anti-book mentality that why would anyone want to pick up something 600-800 pages? But then again, I'm wondering if this might be some sort of an attempt from authors and publishers to try and get more people to buy books, as opposed to Kindles and tablets and such?
My Grandma has read the whole Bible a couple of times. I haven't done that, but I've still read a good portion of it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Finished re-reading JIM HENSON: THE BIOGRAPHY today . . . I feel like I may have finished it quicker this time than I have the first time - this time, I pretty much finished within a month, but last time I think it took me a month and a half. Maybe it's because between both times of reading it cover-to-cover, I'd go back and re-read certain chapters or portions, so I guess I had a better understand of what to expect so I could get through a little quicker. I don't know.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Reading 3rd book in Scott Lynch's Gentleman ******** series, The Republic of Thieves. The adventures of Locke Lamora and Jean Tannen are utterly wonderful. I can't stress enough how well these are written, and how engaging and excellently flawed the characters are.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm currently reading a biograghy/autobiography/ compilation book called "This Star Will Not Go Out. It's about a girl named Ester (which is Greek for "star", I think) who has to deal with cancer. She was a teenager that was a "Nerdfighter", a Harry Potter fan, and a writer. It's filled with her journal and blog entries, and memoirs from some of her friends and family. She lived for a short time, but in that time she inspired many people. She even inspired me to write more, and to keep a journal to document important things that happen in my life.
Reading 3rd book in Scott Lynch's Gentleman ******** series, The Republic of Thieves. The adventures of Locke Lamora and Jean Tannen are utterly wonderful. I can't stress enough how well these are written, and how engaging and excellently flawed the characters are.
Oh, hi Newsie. Long time no see.