1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What are your stories?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Cap Backfire, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I'm 15 (next week...)
    What brought me here? The same as everyone else: The Muppets
    Favorite Muppet: as if you can't tell already. (Robin, in case I change my avatar)
    First thing I saw on this forum: someone making frog puppets
    Occupation: I'm a junior high school student, studying for the high school entrance exam.
    The first time I saw (or heard) anything related to The Muppets is Karen Carpenter singing The Rainbow Connection. I looked up the song, found The Muppets, and loved it ever since.
    First Muppet movie: The Muppets (2011)
    Where I live: Taoyuan, Taiwan. And, by the way, I hate everything that's US only.
  2. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I'm 18 as I type this.

What brought me here? A picture I found on deviantart, which had a link to a fanfiction here. Sadly the fanfic (which was pretty **** good) was abandoned, but I looked at the rest of the site and thought, "Hey! This is awesome!"

The rest is history! Sort of.

What else? Well, I love all the Muppets! They're all hilarious in their own unique way! But my personal favourite is...er...um...mmm.... :cool:
  3. Rose85

Rose85 New Member

I am 26
    What brought me here?
    After Jerry Nelson passing i had te urge to talk whit other fans.
    In general that is.
    Hobbys: bellydance and reading.
    Favorite Muppet: Gonzo, Fozzie, Rizzo Animal, Waldorf and Statler.
    Favorite Things: Harry Potter, Star Wars, My kitten Dot, Labyrinth,
    Favorite Muppet Song: Turn the world around, it feels like christmas.
    Favorite Muppet Movie Christmas Carol and Tressure Island.
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  4. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Rose85. Yes it is sad that Jerry passed away. Plenty of people to talk about him with on here!
  5. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I am almost 14.
    I found this sight about 5 years ago through google. Plus, I love the Muppets.
    mo likes this.
  6. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Well, I'm 13...and the Muppets brought me here, of course! :D I've loved them since as long as I can remember. My favorite Muppet would have to be the "weirdest of the weird, the man on saxophone...Zoot!" :cool: But, of course, I also love all of them "who am is are and be, they whom as are known as, the Electric Mayhem!" :D
    I'm also into building puppets, though so far, not with much success... :(
  7. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Almost? I'm sorry. I am 14. :oops:
  8. AlittleMayhem

Hey, at least you are building puppets! I don't even know where to begin!
  9. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I'm 13 too! well I justed turned it, so i joined when I was 12...so i broke the rules :o
  10. Zoot the Saxer

Hahaha, no worries, I kinda did too. :p But I bet we're both responsible enough to be on here, so...y'know. :p
    muppetfan24/7 and mo like this.
  11. Zoot the Saxer

:) It is really hard! If you wanna make a Muppet-style puppet, I suggest trying to use Styrofoam for the head. That's pretty much as far as I've gotten... :coy:
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Funny how I originally read that as you finding this site through Google + :laugh:
    muppetfan24/7 and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

*taps mic ahem ahem* Hi my name is Pinkflower7783 or as I'm known here now as "Pinky." Which I still have yet to figure out who started that anyways...I'm a Muppetholic particuarly Kermit & Piggy as if my avatar doesn't give that away. I am 29 years old and only recently came back to being a Muppet fan through the latest film and I have no idea how I got here but I'm assuming Google must be the guilty party.

And thanks to joining this forum I have less of a life now then I did before as if that couldn't be possible. :p
  14. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

It was a dark and stormy night…
  15. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Oh no! I am not gonna muffin in this thread too! But to be fair it was cold too. :p
  16. AlittleMayhem

Now, I am 19.
  17. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

I guess some of my earlier Muppet memories include Sesame Street from my
    now-distant toddler years, and then the Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock, as well as Muppet movies on cable....

When I started watching The Muppets (2011) on DVD, it sort of revived my "inner Muppet", and I started re-discovering the Muppets through their classic films on DVD (and a few of the recent ones as well), in addition to searching for Muppet video clips on Youtube.....
  18. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

Name: Macy. I think this is the first time I've ever revealed my real name on this forum.
    Nickname: Mace, May-May, EMBEE, MB, Myron, Jellyfish (just to name a few...)
    What brought me here? I heard about the most recent Muppet movie during the summer of 2011. I got super excited and started wondering if there was an online Muppet fan community of some sort. So I did a Google search and found this place. I looke around a bit and decided that I wasn't interested in joining. I came back a months later when I was looking for Muppet fanfiction. I lurked around for about a month and then finally decided to make an account.
    Favorite Muppet: Gonzo, because he taught me to be proud of my weirdness. My next four favorites are Kermit, Robin, Rowlf and Beaker (though Robin and Rowlf switch spots quite often).
    First thing I saw on this forum: I'm not sure, but the first thing I remember seeing is fanfiction.
    Favorite Muppet Song: I'm Going to Go Back There Someday <3
    Favorite Muppet Movie: The Muppets Take Manhattan

I watched Sesame Street from when I was a toddler to when I was 10 or 11, so I had a love of Muppets planted firmly in me pretty early on. Hoots the Owl made me want to play the saxophone (I've been playing it for about 6 or 8 years now), and Rosita is at least partially to blame for my lifelong interest in the Spanish language. I also watched Bear in the Big Blue House and Fraggle Rock whenever I got the chance (which wasn't very often). When I was about 11 years old, I started losing interest in Sesame Street while at the same time gaining interest in The Muppet Show. My dad started showing me and siblings Muppet videos on YouTube and a couple of the Muppet movies. For the next few years, I would occasionally spend hours watching Muppet stuff on YouTube. But when I saw The Muppets in the theater early this year, it clicked something on inside me. And to make a long story short, I quickly became obssesed.
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  19. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

A little late on this, since I joined three months ago...
    Name: cjd874 (real name Doug)
    What brought me here: I've browsed this forum as a guest for years (since middle & high school) and then I decided to join and chat with other like-minded Muppet fans.
    Favorite Muppets: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem :D:sing::halo::flirt::cool:, Statler and Waldorf :boo::sleep:, and the Swedish Chef :hungry:. I am a fan of rock music, I love a good cynical joke every now and then, and I especially love to watch cooking shows, so those choices of Muppets make sense. Although I wouldn't eat anything the Chef makes. (Chef enters and hits me with a frying pan...Ouch!!!)
    Favorite Songs: "Rainbow Connection" is simply the Muppets' anthem. I also like "Can You Picture That?" and "Happiness Hotel"...all movie songs! Plus "Train to Morrow" by the Country Trio from the Muppet Show.
    Favorite Episode: Probably the Elton John appearance on the Muppet Show. Elton is one of my favorite singers of all time. :)

Glad to be here, and these first months have been great! You've all made me feel so welcomed and I can just be myself on this forum.
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  20. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Name: Colette (muppetfan24/7)
    Nickname: I forgot what I had as my nickname.
    What brought me here? Well, I have been a Muppet fan ever since I was well young. The first time I ever got into Muppets was when I used to a tape called, "Jim Henson - A Celebration of Sesame Street." The first songs I remembered were "Being Green" and "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon." My favorite characters were Kermit, Harry Monster (I was a little bit scared of him), The Count (he made me giggle), and Elmo. Yeah, I know they are Elmo-haters, but I really grew up watching that cute red monster. After I joined in, I started getting obsessed (Sheesh!).

Then there was Fraggle Rock. Ah yes, the show I truly and dearly loved. My favorite FR character has and will always be Wembley. Way back when I saw the show, I even liked Boober and Mokey, but Wembley is still my number one FR character of all time.

Favorite Muppets: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Rowlf, and Robin
    Favorite Song(s): "Rainbow Connection" performed by Kermit the Frog and "Happiness Hotel (very catchy song)
    Favorite Episode: Well... I would say either the Elton John and John Denver episodes so far.

The fanfics I have right now on the Fan Fiction and Art thread... I am still working on those, but school and family are getting in the way.