What Are You Grilling?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
So, a little bit of backstory...
We've had this propane grill for years and it's starting to die on us. So my family decided to get a new grill for my dad for Father's Day. We went and picked it up today and are now on a grilling spree. Currently, we are grilling chicken marinated in Teryaki sauce, slices of pineapple and green onions. And now I want to grill pizza sometime.

So anyway, I thought that since it's summertime and a lot of people are grilling maybe we could have a thread where we exchange grilling stories, grilling recipes and somewhere where people could get advice or ideas for grilling or cookouts.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Corn ON the cob and IN the shuck and little new potatoes, onion pieces and, um, er, no one we knew.... This is a weird place for me to talk about certain types of food!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Corn ON the cob and IN the shuck and little new potatoes, onion pieces and, um, er, no one we knew.... This is a weird place for me to talk about certain types of food!
Gotta ask, was there any pork involved? :mad: Everything else sounds REALLY GOOD.

Were having a cookout tomorrow at church, same old standard though, hamburgers and hotdogs, not that that's bad or anything. But afterwards it sounds like we might be grilling steaks and corn cuz they're on sale. I also wanna try this thing with grilled french fries I saw on TV.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Perfect time for this one: Take zucchini and yellow squash and cut them lengthwise in slices. Think long ovals, and not too thin because squash can become tender when cooked. Some folks like them peeled first--either way is good. Soak your slices in Italian dressing, put on the grill and sprinkle them with cracked black pepper and anything else you can think of. I think they are OMGosh great served in a bowl alternated with tomato slices sprinkled with pepper and salt--the mix of hot vegetable and cold vegetable is spot on. (Add a little cheese or something grilled if you want a little protein in your diet.)

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Dude that sounds good and I don't even like squash. Nice recipe Ruahnna.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Oh, I LOVE squash--there are so many ways to fix it!
I have to say that I just made a so-good-you-want-to-smack-someone salad for supper. Leaf lettuce, a rich beefsteak tomato and fresh cucumbers. We had Italian and Blue Cheese for dressing choices and rolls with butter (okay, oleo) and/or cheese.