What are the highest quality Fraggle plush?

Quazimoto

Reaction score
My room is always a mess. The floor just wasn't shown in the pictures I took. I own more things than my tiny room can hold. I really should donate some stuff.

I know I'm a little old to be sleeping with stuffed animals, but I do. :stick_out_tongue: I'm convinced my Wembley doll must be alive. Every morning since I got him, I wake up and he's lying against my back!
Nah, you're not too old. I still have my Harry And The Hendersons Plush propped up in bed.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I still have a nice collection of dolls myself, even an old Kermit my mom had in the 70's.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lotusoftheleaf
I'm convinced my Wembley doll must be alive. Every morning since I got him, I wake up and he's lying against my back!
That happens to me to! I put Wembley next to the wall and wake up with lying him beside me!:coy: weird huh?
I think the same thing about my Gonzo plush. Every time I toss him somwehere (my bed, car, etc) he ends up in a headstand :concern: (but that's a little off topic, sorry)

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
I got Gobo in the mail today. I like him, but I think the Wembley plush looks a little better, or maybe I'm biased because he's my favorite character. Gobo seems to be a little bigger than Wembley, which makes sense since the real Gobo is bigger. Hopefully this means Mokey is bigger than Gobo so they're all to scale. I asked my boyfriend to get me another plush for Christmas, but it's a surprise which one he's getting me. I'm going to buy myself another one too after the Christmas craziness is over.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I got Gobo in the mail today. I like him, but I think the Wembley plush looks a little better, or maybe I'm biased because he's my favorite character. Gobo seems to be a little bigger than Wembley, which makes sense since the real Gobo is bigger. Hopefully this means Mokey is bigger than Gobo so they're all to scale. I asked my boyfriend to get me another plush for Christmas, but it's a surprise which one he's getting me. I'm going to buy myself another one too after the Christmas craziness is over.
That would make sense, but I don't have Wembley or Gobo to compare her to. However I'm getting Wembley sometime son so I'll give a comparison.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Let me just say that I bought a Manhattan Toy Mokey over the summer. I do have to admit that all of the pictures I had seen of her (the doll) before I bought her (they were, I think, just one and the same picture) did not represent the actual Mokey that I got...
...but, hey, I had never been able to find a Mokey before, and just getting to hug my favorite Fraggle was awesome! I like how big she is, too --- it makes her seem sort of like a friend. I made her a necklace like the one she wears in FR (but w/o a pouch), and now I think I'll knit her a season three sweater.
So, in short, I really love this doll!
:big_grin:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Let me just say that I bought a Manhattan Toy Mokey over the summer. I do have to admit that all of the pictures I had seen of her (the doll) before I bought her (they were, I think, just one and the same picture) did not represent the actual Mokey that I got...
...but, hey, I had never been able to find a Mokey before, and just getting to hug my favorite Fraggle was awesome! I like how big she is, too --- it makes her seem sort of like a friend. I made her a necklace like the one she wears in FR (but w/o a pouch), and now I think I'll knit her a season three sweater.
So, in short, I really love this doll!
:big_grin:
You're not the only one who made her a necklace, I did it too. :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope someone picks up a more figural license... or Manhattan makes these in smaller sizes, more in scale with the first Sababa run... that way, I could get a Mokey to finish off the Fraggle Five.

I wonder if Schliech still has the molds...

Oh well, I managed to snag an under 3 McD's Red Fraggle for a quarter at a comic store. Cleaned it up, it's almost as good as new.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I really hope someone picks up a more figural license... or Manhattan makes these in smaller sizes, more in scale with the first Sababa run... that way, I could get a Mokey to finish off the Fraggle Five.

I wonder if Schliech still has the molds...

Oh well, I managed to snag an under 3 McD's Red Fraggle for a quarter at a comic store. Cleaned it up, it's almost as good as new.
I agree, the main line is a little pricey, despite the size (I'd say they may be life size). Then again, the Sababas I've seen are no better, but that's resale. I'm guessing they weren't that expensive new?

As for any other brand, I'm having a second opinion on the Hasbro line. I'm starting to warm up to them a bit, since some I've seen on eBay look pretty nice (Especially Mokey). The only one I have qualms for is Red.

The Pedigree ones were the ones I was referring to earlier with the gaping mouths (Hasbro had them too, but not to this extent).
Bendy Toy looks like a fairly decent job, despite having the heads be plastic and only making three characters (Four if you count Sprocket, I think)

Now about the under 3 figure you mentioned. Didn't they have 2 of them? One was Red (the one you picked up) and the other, if memory serves me, was Gobo. Someone told me there was a Doozer toy as well, but my memory is a little fuzzy on that one.