1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What are the highest quality Fraggle plush?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by lotusoftheleaf, Dec 6, 2010.

1. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

Sababa released some Fraggles in 2003 that I really like. No one has yet to get the "hair" right...
  2. I'm thinking of buying the Sababa Wembley since he's my favorite character. I love the MT one I have a lot, but he just isn't close enough to the puppet for my liking (Maybe I should just learn how to make a replica of the actual Wembley :coy:). I've seen some nice pictures of the smaller one, but I'm looking to get the bigger version that comes with the DVD. All I can find are stock photos of it, though. Is there anyone here who has the bigger Sababa Wembley that can tell me if it's pretty good looking?
  3. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

4. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

That's some pretty punked-out hair!
  5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

6. Jelopi

Jelopi Member

Hi Lotus! I have pics of both the Sababa Wembley dolls (the one with the DVD and without) from my collection. I think he looks good and fairly close to the actual puppet...his hair is ever feathery. I would recommend getting him :coy:. Ive attached links to the pics for you to judge for yourself :excited:

http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums... Collection/?action=view&current=46fb3f1d.jpg

http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums... Collection/?action=view&current=51c68c47.jpg
  7. Aw, Wembley looks adorable. In fact, they all do! It's a shame they didn't make Mokey or Matt. Matt I can understand, but you can't have the Fraggle Five with only four of the fraggles!

One gripe I have about the MT Wembley is his hair. Even my little brother pointed out the doll doesn't have enough hair, and he's only seen about four episodes of the show. The Sababa Wembley seems to have the same crazy hair the real Wembley does and his skin doesn't seem to be such a bright yellow.

@Redsonga: In that picture on the right, it looks like Wembley is trying to eat Boober's hat and Red is cracking up laughing over it. :p
  8. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

I used to own all the Sababa plush Fraggles, and while they were great, I sold the collection because they never made Mokey.
  9. Amazon has the larger Sababa Wembley plush for about $35 and eBay has them for $25, not including shipping. That's more than I paid for the Manhattan Toy one. Any other site doesn't have them in stock. They're not that old, so why are they so expensive? Were only a few of them made?
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I find the 2004 Sababa plushes to be my personal favorite, and the best Ive seen over the decades. I cant stand the new plushes
  11. BornToWemble

BornToWemble Member

I have a 2006 Sababa Red and a MT Wembley that I got as get well presents after my surgery.

To anyone out there considering the MT Wembley, be warned that mine doesn't seem to have that bulby nose like the one earlier in the thread had, but he's the only one from that line I have so it's hard to say.

My Red is pretty nice, I like her plastic eyes, and her tail is much longer than MT tails, but her mouth gapes open very wide and it can look a bit funny (in a good way, but still). Her legs are also sewn very close together but I only just noticed, so I guess it doesn't look too weird.

Wembley's eyes are plush and a bit cross-eyed, but that might just be mine. Their tails are shorted but they stick out like on the show. I can't say much else about them that hasn't already been said, but there's something else I didn't see mentioned:

It might be because the Sababa was gotten at a yard sale (though she doesn't look very worn except the fact she doesn't have her sweater :concern:) but the MT is MUCH softer material wise. It feels very nice to the touch and it's great for cuddles. I haven't cuddled Red much though because 1. She's second hand and I'm afraid to wash her 2. I'm much more fond of Wembely since I'm wembler myself....obviously.
  12. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I would have to say that it's a tie between and Manhattan Toys and Sababa toys.
    Why I would say that because of the following reasons.

. The Sababa toy Fraggles have better hair than the Manhattan toys.

.The Sababa toy Wembley's hair is a little green but the Manhattan Toys Wembley has more Yellow hair than the Sababa toy version.

. The Sababa toy line didn't include Mokey Fraggle nor Uncle Traveling Matt.

. The Manhattan toy line included Junior Gorg, Sprocket, and Cotterpin Doozer.

In conclusion, Sababa toys and Manhattan toys are great toy companies for the Fraggle Rock plush toys but it can be hard to judge one over another.
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  13. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

This is something that bugged me as a Fraggle fan for a long time, so I thought I'd give my two cents!

Personally I have the entire Fraggle Five from the Manhattan Toy line, with the exception of Wembley, who's Sababa. I am definitely a fan of the look of the Sababa toys, but they're just so dang SMALL! :cry:

I wanted cuddlability and I liked the size ratio among the Manhattan line, so that's why I went with them. Plus I absolutely needed a Mokey. But when it came to Wembley, well, the Sababa plushes are small anyway, and the greater likeness (+kinda ridiculous hair, which I'm actually really fond of) steered me toward Sababa. Wish the Manhattan line was a little prettier, though, got to admit.
  14. Beige Fraggle

Beige Fraggle Member

Why did you make this a sticky thread? I don't believe it's an important enough topic to be sticky, and it is very annoying having to scroll past all of these sticky threads to get to the REALLY interesting (and recently updated) threads.
  15. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Maybe the poster's hands got stuck in some radish dust when writing it?

....:boo: