What are the greatest Muppet Movie Moments

katefranklin

Reaction score
Am writing a paper for my media studies degree and wanted to pull together the top 10 greatest moments in Muppet Movies. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
thanks
Kate

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Wow, that sounds like a really fun paper! A few suggestions of seminal Muppet moments:

1. Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" at the beginning of The Muppet Movie.
2. Kermit and friends find the other end of the rainbow at the end of The Muppet Movie
3. Miss Piggy's parody of an Esther Williams movie scene in The Great Muppet Caper
4. Kermit and Miss Piggy get married, Muppets Take Manhattan
5. Lots of Muppets on bikes in The Great Muppet Caper (impressive puppetry)
6. Introduction to the Muppet Babies in Muppets Take Manhattan
7. Gonzo meets his fellow weirdos, Muppets From Space

Good luck with your research!

beaker

Reaction score
One of my faves, Animal's gigantic head int he old west village in TMM. Other faves include the wedding medley at the end of MTM that had both Muppetshow, Sesame and even a FR guest!
Pepe in a tutu from MFS, Oscar cameo from GMC...and of course the first time we see Electric Mayhem in TMM(That film also had the memorable Big Bird cameo, and the great Movin Right Along sgement) Hmmm...a time when Sesame characters cameoed on a Muppet film, darn I long for those days!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*sniggers* I gotta get in on this...

- Fozzie and Kermit meeting Big Bird on the road in TMM. They're going to Hollywood, he's going to New York.

- The Happiness Hotel scene from GMC, especially the exchange I've put in paretheses (Kermit: What's wrong with the drummer? He looks a little crazed. Zoot: Oh, he's just upset about missing the Rembrandt exhibit at the National Gallery. Animal: Renoir!).

- The Muppets riding bicycles from GMC.

- The "jumping from the gate" scene from MCC (Gonzo: Come on, I'll catch you. Rizzo: Oooohh... God save my little broken body! Aieeee!)

- "Kill Captain Smollett, and you'll have to kill me." "Kill Jim and you'll have to kill me.", etc. from MTI.

- Muppets From Space: the Muppet boarding house.

- Pepe in a tutu from MFS. 'Nuff said, okay?

- Scooter's reappearance in MFS!

-Kim

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Re: *sniggers* I gotta get in on this...

Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
- Fozzie and Kermit meeting Big Bird on the road in TMM. They're going to Hollywood, he's going to New York.
Going to New York to break into public television, no less! God, that was funny!

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
I thought the scene in TMM where Animal grew and scared Doc Hopper and the other bad guys away was the best:cool:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hmm. The only one's I remember very well are the ones I have on tape and that's just "The Muppets Take Manhattan" and "Muppet Treasure Island," so I'll get back to you on that. By the way, when did Scooter appear in MFS? Did he have any speaking lines?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
By the way, when did Scooter appear in MFS? Did he have any speaking lines?
He appeared in the opening "Brick House" sequence at the boarding house; he's on Kermit's right (our left) side and he's wearing what looks like a white turtleneck and light gray baseball jersey. He pops up again near the end of the film at the beach selling Gonzo t-shirts, and he actually does have one line. Steve Whitmire operated the puppet, and Richard Hunt's brother Adam did the voice for Scooter.